MK1 Vitesse glovebox fittings

johny

Help please, mk1 Vitesse and I got the dash and facia assembly out but cant remember how the little tie bracket fits in the glovebox. Its a metal L section plate that fixes to the rear of the dash and than has a couple of screws to attach it inside the roof of the glovebox. Its to support the dash but as the glovebox is just compressed cardboard material there must be something to reinforce its fixing but I cant find a suitable part in the pile of bits and the manual doesnt show anything... 

Hi Jonny!  I have a 1966 Vitesse 1600/6 and that part was not on my vehicle when I took the dash out for restoring, obviously it was left off at sometime in the past?   I have now refitted the Cardboard body of the dash and it is solid!   As the dash itself, it has 4 x securing points, when these are secured there is no problem on the strength of the complete dashboard.  I have checked inside the and I have 2 holes on the roof of the Glove compartment dead centre and about 3" in.

Cheers martyn

Thanks Martyn, yes theyre the fixing holes and Im sure Ive got all the bits I took off so it looks like its just two small self tapping screws that go up directly into the cardboard. The additional support this gives must be minimal so hardly worth installing it....