Vitesse 1600/6 Bleed Nipples

martyn wright

Hi All!  Previously I had a problem with the front brakes bleed nipples leaking.  I ordered a set from "Canleys" which I checked that the code 601959 was correct?  On receiving these I removed the old Bleed Nipple and found that the New one was at least 1/2" longer, but fitted and screws in tight, but the nut itself is about 1/2 inch away from the calliper? (See photo)  Is this still okay or do I need a shorter Nipple?

20201104_100738.jpg

20201104_100721.jpg

the length providing its not going to make any odd contact is of no consequence  it will be fine 

give the threads a light coat of heavy grease or any non seize copaslip so they dont get seized in the future

i always say when bleeding keep the tube and catch bottle high up  above the caliper not down on the floor 

Pete

50 minutes ago, martyn wright said:

The photos are a few posts in front of this one!  The old one I cleaned and seems fine!  I blew thro the new longer one but when I tightened it up it still leaked?

Not of the nipples; of the aperture in the caliper? Can you get a photo of the bottom of it?

That looks to have an edge round it; almost as if a sleeve or the like has been incorrectly fitted into it but I think it's just a build up of old debris. It looks almost like a brass spiral at the bottom or the remains of a worn washer. There shouldn't be any kind of lip in that. I wonder if that's what's holding your bleed nipple off the metal and so preventing a seal? I know the bleed nipple only seals hole to hole, so there's a slight difference in the two profiles but that does look quite solid. If you can get a small wire brush on a Dremel or the like and clean up that profile it may seal better.

3DF0DAEB-8B17-479E-BFE9-B00A0A868988_1_105_c.jpg.714b4542e3dab831a5defea7a21231bb.jpg

Kimba, Cat hater extroadinaire at his peak a 43kg Foxhound, he hated the Burmese down the street used to tease it sometimes walk past other times would lunge at it, you try holding a 40kilo plus foxhound in full flight. He hated the ducks more if they landed in the pool he could sense it from up the front of the house then it was open the screen doors quickly or he'd go thro them without changing stride!

P1010003.JPG