Mink and Covid

Pete Lewis

Hi!  The Gwent Wildlife Trust have been culling Minx on one of our Reserves since the year 2000 as they where killing everything in sight!    Some 3 -4 years ago we re-intoduced Water Vole to the area and they are now doing very well on the Gwent Levels.  And I thought that your Joke was Very Good Pete!!

I hope - to be serious - that's all it jumps to. It's a nightmare scenario if they find it in household pets - dogs, cats etc - or farmyard animals such as sheep or cows. Think of the culling that would cause, not to mention the rules and complications that will arise! How on earth am I going to eat a steak from 2m away and wearing a mask?

17 minutes ago, martyn wright said:

Have you tried catching the Cat!!

I can't get rid of mine. Everytime I sit down she's up on my knee squeaking away. I have to lure her out of the room, and preferably two rooms away otherwise she's back scratching at the door to be let in. If she's outside she sits on the windowsill of the room I'm in and intimidates me. If she's got it, I've definitely got it.

Even when I'm on the computer, she comes and stares at me...

DSCF2337.jpg.de489023a61de7ac9475d0b19ba88c71.jpg

• 2 months later...

We`ve got this scruffy, rescue, ball of fur on 4 legs. Which is currently getting closer to the Log Burner every time she rolls over!. You chase her back and it starts all over again!. Another hour and we go out for the night time constitutional. Currently around freezing outside.

Pete