Jump to content

Name the connection!

Colin Lindsay

Recommended Posts

I'm wiring an early loom and the ignition switch uses three of these rectangular connectors rather than a spade connector. I bought these recently but they're just very slightly large, so while I can trim them, or use as is, I might just look for slightly smaller if I know the proper name. The curved ones are close but also too large, by a fraction, so I'm looking for the ones on the left in a smaller size. Does anyone know if they have a proper, individual name so that I can narrow the search?

s-l500-2.jpg.8289a362ea6eaf7d3f770c0a4ee1e18a.jpg  s-l1600-146.jpg.b8dcff318caa8611bfca7cf96a0c1050.jpg


Link to comment
Share on other sites

No he doesn't. I have them. :)

(That listing is the actual one I bought; I bought the rounded versions from him too and I don't think he has any others but he was a pleasure to deal with)

The original Stanpart / Lucas versions were smaller and if I'm correct they fitted down into the slots on the rear of the ignition switch so they were isolated; these will sit on top and might do at that as they're all very widely spaced and won't short out; I trimmed one using a fine grinder and by the time it sat into the slot the metal arms were very thin. I can adapt modern versions but there's no fun in that.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...