New GT6 MK2 Purchase - The journey of improving it further!

avivalasvegas

19 minutes ago, avivalasvegas said:

Same here. And the Trunionnless kit too!

I’ve heard that there is a slight improvement in handling as well?

The trunnionless kit affects the front suspension by softening the effective spring rate. 

Both my spitfires have 480lb springs, my yellow car (trunnionless) feels far more compliant than the red (original style trunnions).

The spacers should just tighten the front up a smidge. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, clive said:

The trunnionless kit affects the front suspension by softening the effective spring rate. 

Both my spitfires have 480lb springs, my yellow car (trunnionless) feels far more compliant than the red (original style trunnions).

The spacers should just tighten the front up a smidge. 

Ah this is music to my ears! As I get older, I find myself searching for any way possible to soften the GT6's ride!

• Like 1

On 04/06/2022 at 09:16, avivalasvegas said:

Did you have any sort of bonnet insulation/ lining installed? 

Only just spotted your question. Apologies for the delayed answer but it is no - there is no added under-bonnet insulation. Everything is as shown in the three photographs. That bonnet is a Mk4 Spit bonnet with the bulge from the original bonnet welded in.

On 13/06/2022 at 19:03, Stratton Jimmer said:

Only just spotted your question. Apologies for the delayed answer but it is no - there is no added under-bonnet insulation. Everything is as shown in the three photographs. That bonnet is a Mk4 Spit bonnet with the bulge from the original bonnet welded in.

Many thanks! I checked again today: no clearance issues. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Some major upgrades completed today:

1. Canley's Trunionless kit is in.

2. Shacktune wheel bearing spacers + Timken bearings

3. New AES alternator & belt.

4. Liqui Moly MOS2 15W40 Motor oil change

Early impressions are greatly reduced steering effort and a somewhat softer ride quality. The new MOS2 motor oil seems to suit the car really well. 

This marks the end of all known planned improvements to the GT6 (save the distributor). It's been a fun, eventful 2 years and I hope to be able to enjoy the car from anywhere but the side of the road. 

image.thumb.jpeg.bf4415c37ae4455a694212aa95dfd82b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a620a200bb7f73573aa21657bd5c9a97.jpeg

• avivalasvegas changed the title to New GT6 MK2 Purchase - The journey of improving it further!