Frost Reverse Brake and Clutch Bleeding Kit

Paulfc

Funny that the poor reviewer still gave it five stars...

I have the World Record for brake bleeders, you name it I've tried them all from compressor-operated vacuum systems to Eezibleed; two years ago I bought the opposite of this system ie a vacuum hand-pump that draws fluid down and out at the bleed nipple - used it once and it's back on the shelf along with all the others, gathering dust. I just haven't found any better than the old rubber tube and jam jar method.

• Like 1

The rubber tube (with plug and slit) + jam jar (not just any jam jar but an M&S jam jar)   is yet to be TRumped. The only problem is that you do need an extra pair of hands.

I got this off Ebay the other day. Haven't TRied it yet  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hand-Held-Brake-Self-Bleeder-Testing-Bleed-Kit-Vacuum-Pump-Car-Bleeding-0-30-Hg/203081560119?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

It does look good for £12

Roger

i wonder , if this connects to the bleed nipple how do you stop seepage/leakage from around the threads 

Im with Colin tried and stowed away more bright ideas of pneumatic/vacuum/ gravity/electric pumped and pressure bleed contraptions over the years  a ford electric pressure pump and mity vac suction pump   all covered in dust 

and a length  of tube keep the jam jar ....up high . pump the pedal and keep topped up just WORKS 

with a pedal down quick /nip up / back slow , top up , done success without silly costs 

utopia is evacuate and fill where you vacuum the system to absolute zero hg" when thats achieved the fill rushes in as a know volume, when all it achieved the system lets you proceed    as on most vehicle assemble lines since time gone by we had it on trucks all computer controlled back in the late 80s 

eg   watch my diy production video of the 90s its shown on the last leg of the assy line  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9W0RSDbERU

time to snooze  

dont use my wife as in is out an out is in same as up is down and so on ...a complete fail is the conclusion 

Pete

1 minute ago, Paulfc said:

Thanks both.  Colin, think I’ll save my money and continue to use the “wife” method 😊.

Paul

Yes, however the noise of that method does put me off using it too often.

"How much longer? I have ironing to do. I want to see Coronation Street. This garage is too cold. For goodness sake is it pedal up or pedal down? Make your mind up."

46 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

where you vacuum the system to absolute zero hg"

In my other professional role, I have to object to this flagrant abuse of the word zero! Even deep space is not at absolute zero pressure - it's around a picoBar. That's a very hard limit to achieve in the laboratory, even with top-end two-stage pumping and bake/cool cycles to help along. Better than a nanoBar is possible with a high quality chamber and turbo pump. The backing pump alone may get you to a few tens of microBar. Your fluid fill system probably only achieved tens of millibar!

</pedant>

i suppose  so just a whiz in a lathe to make a groove in a part of the thread  for the ring  to sit 

with all this its only a every 2 year job its not a monthly task by the time you next need to do it you 

have forgotten any complications 

and if you get the turkey baster out of hibernation and change the reservior fluid every 6 months the two year change get extended 

as there wont be much moisture in whats left in the system ...just a out of the box  idea 

pete

18 hours ago, RogerH said:

The rubber tube (with plug and slit) + jam jar (not just any jam jar but an M&S jam jar)   is yet to be TRumped. The only problem is that you do need an extra pair of hands.

I got this off Ebay the other day. Haven't TRied it yet  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hand-Held-Brake-Self-Bleeder-Testing-Bleed-Kit-Vacuum-Pump-Car-Bleeding-0-30-Hg/203081560119?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

It does look good for £12

Roger

Got one of these from ebay. Get a very good suction but it seems to pull air into the tube via the nipple thread. So went back to my one way valve bleader with long tube back to my master where I just keep pumping the pedal and don't have to worry about topping up with fluid. I use a clothspeg to hold the tube in the master. 

Danny

13 hours ago, PeteH said:

My long time "pedal pusher", sadly has grown up, joined the merchant navy and is some 6000miles away, in the Pacific. So I invested in:- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealey-Brake-Clutch-Bleeder-Vacuum-Type-1ltr-VS020/321925076016?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Works OK. Pete.

Got one of those on the shelf, too. :)