22x Previous Keepers - Is That A Record ??

I am 19th owner of my Stag that only has history from 2004. Where it has been or what it has been doing before that is anyones guess...... But 2004 is the time it was fully restored and i am only the 2nd owner in that time. Although not a trailer queen is still nice and also very usable. I personally don't worry about how many owners a car has had.... it's condition that counts :) 

Tony. 

My GT6  has one previous owner, Mr Chitty. He never had it serviced in 5 years, broke the rear leaf spring towing a monster boat and generally abused it. Re-bore, re-grind, suspension collapsed, all in my first year. A low number of POs is no guide to a good buy. :angry:

Doug

Both my 2500s had few previous owners.

The S was an ex-BL-fleet car, sold at two years old to the chap I bought it from, who kept it "fully serviced and maintained" by his local garage. It had multiple structural rot repairs fabricated out of biscuit tin metal, the rear spring platforms both collapsed in the first couple of years I owned it, the front brake reaction rods both punched through the main rails and both snapped at the other end, and the engine had the worst case of solid rust coolant I've ever seen.

The PI was technically three previous owners but they were a small company, the director of said company and then his son. It was actually in very good condition for its age, but there was some interesting wiring behind the dash where a fire had occurred and the clutch used to stop working in heavy traffic (turned out to be a missing pedal return spring). Oh, and the tin worm was beginning to get to it in hidden places.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/11/2020 at 14:33, dougbgt6 said:

My GT6  has one previous owner, Mr Chitty. He never had it serviced in 5 years, broke the rear leaf spring towing a monster boat and generally abused it. Re-bore, re-grind, suspension collapsed, all in my first year. A low number of POs is no guide to a good buy. :angry:

Doug

Chitty... chitty bang bang. Sorry Doug, its been a long night catching up on the 'gossip'.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a complete record of ownership of my TR6 from 1983, onwards me being the 4th owner from that time, the previous owner having had the car for 25 years.
However the log book suggests it had 10 owners in the first 9 years prior and records 14 owners not 4.
I have written to DVLA to question this as it seems highly unlikely that the car would have changed hand every year for 10 years but haven't got very far.
I have tried to track down the last owner I have details for, a Mr Slatter of Old Catton Norwich who owned the car prior to 1983 but no joy so far.
Regardless she is a keeper and is lavished with too much attention according to the boss !

1(3).jpg