GT6: Rubber floor Matting/ mats?

avivalasvegas

There was never a factory option however why not buy one of the large cargo-area mats that are designed to be trimmed to any size?

The one I have in the Freelander was £14.99 from Lidl a few years back and has lasted well despite the fact that I still haven't trimmed it to shape. Most of those that I've seen on the market are so large they would make two for the Gt6, at least...

2617167_outofPKG.jpg.3d5f5bdafb8a08c4299abdef435d079b.jpg

9 hours ago, avivalasvegas said:

A good item for an aftermarket supplier I'd imagine

I would doubt it very much.  I have had my GT6 on the road and used regularly for the past 15 years and manage just fine; not sure exactly what you want to put in the back of a GT6, from your posts you seem to have plenty of other options for the tip run.

Dick

14 hours ago, avivalasvegas said:

Hmmm... not looking for a generic option. A good item for an aftermarket supplier I'd imagine

Simplest option then is to buy a second load area carpet, and place that over the top of the existing when necessary; you can waterproof or rubberise the underside to prevent any moisture soaking through. As Doug says the original boards are very flimsy, I replaced mine with heavier ply and still had to add metal bracing strips over the spare-wheel side to prevent it sagging under any kind of load. 

GM Growers at Upper Caldecote where i go for me  sacks of  Parrots seeds  sell all sorts of stuff including the recycled door  mats like sketchley etc 

from industrial doorways  etc   you know  ribbed  pile  rubber backed very large ones at £15  smaller at £10  cut to fit they do a good job  easy to vacuum etc 

brilliant in the hallway or workshop  last for years 

Pete

8 hours ago, Dick Twitchen said:

I would doubt it very much.  I have had my GT6 on the road and used regularly for the past 15 years and manage just fine; not sure exactly what you want to put in the back of a GT6, from your posts you seem to have plenty of other options for the tip run.

Dick

I loaded the 4 new Continental tyres in the back for replacement this week and didn't like that one of them was wet. Ideally, I'll never need the rear for more than the odd suitcase that fits but it would be good to rubberize the rear in an OE manner. I'll post on the facebook groups to see if any one has a solution.

22 hours ago, avivalasvegas said:

it would be good to rubberize the rear in an OE manner. I'll post on the facebook groups to see if any one has a solution.

Well, you can't, as it was never rubberised originally....! There are carpet or trim companies who will make you a shaped overmat to fill the outlines of the boot area, plus they could probably embroider a GT6 logo too, but you won't find anything original from Triumph.

2 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Well, you can't, as it was never rubberised originally....! There are carpet or trim companies who will make you a shaped overmat to fill the outlines of the boot area, plus they could probably embroider a GT6 logo too, but you won't find anything original from Triumph.

I'm aware. Something that looks well made and OE is sufficient for my requirements.

• 4 weeks later...