GT 6 mk 1 Italy

alberto

Hello Alberto, welcome, and that's a beautiful MK1. It appears to be RHD?

I drive one myself and I believe the fuel consumption is around 28 miles per gallon - 44km per 4.5 litres (approximately); it varies depending on the driving I do, and I use the overdrive a lot, but it's not as economical as my modern car.

Do you have overdrive fitted?

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you, yes of couse, it has overdrive and il is an original British Triumph, I bought it 1 year ago in Touton of Somerset and so it's a RHD!
Now I'm looking for a "assembly lock doors" but I don't find anything about (Rimmers, James Paddock) so I ask to you, in this Forum, if somebody can help me in my reserch.
Than you and best regards. Mercies sorry for my bad linguage.
P.S. I have another original British car, no Triumph but always very nice and more British! I love UK, in every way!!! 🥰

Morris Minor Traveller.jpg

• Like 2

Yes that is pretty poor at about 23mpg unless of course you accelerate hard a lot which isnt unusual because of the sound of the Triumph six cylinder engine😁

However maybe your carburettors are not correctly tuned and the colour of your spark plugs might show this. My Vitesse, which has the same engine but isnt as aerodynamic as the GT6, achieves around 34mpg on a long steady run and my plugs are a light brown colour...

Do you do many short journeys in the car? Your engine should have a vacuum control system for the distributor so that the ignition timing is advanced when at cruising speed. This improves fuel economy on longer runs and you can check that its working by disconnecting the thin plastic pipe at the carbs and sucking on it which should move the points (or electronic igntion) mounting plate.