New/updated topics first?

I'm using the mobile version of the forum and I've just noticed that new (or updated) posts appear at the bottom of the page ... is there a way to change this so the newest stuff appears at the top instead? The TR Registers forum works this way and it saves a lot of tedious scrolling :)

Anyone know?

Glenn

Hi Glenn, I changed this on the main (desktop) Forum a couple of days ago but taking note of what you say it looks like there are separate settings for the mobile version :-S.  I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure it out.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

Hi Glenn, I changed this on the main (desktop) Forum a couple of days ago but taking note of what you say it looks like there are separate settings for the mobile version :-S.  I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure it out.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

I have viewed the Forum on Chrome, IE, FF, Safari and Smartphone, all formats are displaying with the most recent item last. Don't think it's just affecting mobile versions.

You can select the filter to show most recent, but then just goes back when you change sections.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, Clive and Pete,

Thanks for the suggestions both partial answers to the problem. The fundamental problem though is that the forum needs resetting so that newest posts are shown first as in Club Triumph and TR Register the problem will only get worse as the forum ages and becomes more popular, Maybe this will discourage people from using the site.

Mick

Mick,

Performing a global reset is not something I can do as a moderator, and I suspect that Simon Morgan - the forum admin - doesn't know the software settings well enough to get the setting right.

Next time Simon and I manage to get together we will try and do a reset, but in the meantime you can set each section up to give recently replied to posts to come up first by using the CUSTOM settings button in each section.

Show all topics,

sort by last post

sort order descending (Z-A)

Time frame show all

then tick the remember filters box and click update filter.

This will need to be performed for each section, one at a time, but once done it should (hopefully) remember the settings every time you go back to visit that section.