Wanted gbox OD mainshaft and input

wimpus

3 minutes ago, rogerguzzi said:

Hello All

You can not see the important front bearing surface in the photos and if its rough it is no good!

Roger

I asked for pics.. no pics where send.

And for the price.. i would risk it !

12 hours ago, johny said:

Its pretty easy as long as the seller works with you for the collection and should cost less than 15 pounds to you...

...and works out a lot cheaper; I just bought gearbox parts for the Herald, £12 total, the seller told me he'd invoice me for postage. £23.50 for postage, take it or leave it and you're taking it as you won the auction... the entire gearbox these parts are needed for was delivered for £7.95. I took a spare Herald box to DHL 100 yards from me and they priced it at £12 to pick up and deliver to my door. My fault for leaving it to the seller...

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

...and works out a lot cheaper; I just bought gearbox parts for the Herald, £12 total, the seller told me he'd invoice me for postage. £23.50 for postage, take it or leave it and you're taking it as you won the auction... the entire gearbox these parts are needed for was delivered for £7.95. I took a spare Herald box to DHL 100 yards from me and they priced it at £12 to pick up and deliver to my door. My fault for leaving it to the seller...

To be fair, it is more than just the postage costs you are being charged for.

Via ebay, they charge 10% of teh postage, plus any paypal fees, thats about 14% all in usually.

On top of that there is the grief/hassle/costs of packaging it up. OK, not a fortune in materials, but the time it takes to package and take it to the post office is considerable. Worse is if somebody arranges to have something picked up. Means somebody has to stay home waiting. Plus if it goes missing etc ebay can be awkward with the seller.

That is why I dislike selling on ebay, sell something for £15, postage costs covered but the time it takes means you are giving the stuff away. 

Rant over.

2 hours ago, clive said:

To be fair, it is more than just the postage costs you are being charged for.

Via ebay, they charge 10% of teh postage, plus any paypal fees, thats about 14% all in usually.

On top of that there is the grief/hassle/costs of packaging it up. OK, not a fortune in materials, but the time it takes to package and take it to the post office is considerable. Worse is if somebody arranges to have something picked up. Means somebody has to stay home waiting. Plus if it goes missing etc ebay can be awkward with the seller.

That is why I dislike selling on ebay, sell something for £15, postage costs covered but the time it takes means you are giving the stuff away. 

Rant over.

That's not a rant, that's a discussion.

I don't mind paying for the seller's time, expense, hassle and packaging materials, but, as with Triumph suppliers, some seem to have massively more overheads than others, and that's what hits me. If you're not making enough profit from the items, don't add it to the postage, and if it's a lot of hassle to post something, then don't post it. Don't expect the buyer to compensate. Especially those large suppliers who charge VAT on the carriage costs... where does THAT 'little bit that adds up' go?