Vittesse Film Star?.

PeteH

Hi

So, Er` indoors was watching a recorded "rom com" and what pops up but a very nice looking Blue Vittesse. OCG 926 F.

The joke was?. It ran out of "petrol" so "your man" fishes the 10 gall Jerry can out of the boot. Obviously unaware that they all had a  "reserve" position on the tank valve!. Ah! Well!. "artistic licence"?.

Currently taxed, Reg Sept 1967. Last change owner 2012. It says blue and looks a nice dark blue but what would it be?

Pete

Hi

I had to go and ask, Not sure of the age, but it was only recorded last week. It`s aparently called "Then Came You". allegedly filmed in Scotland?. It`s a "rom com", so not really my "bag". I was more interested in the colour, as the 13/60 will be undergoing a change from White.

one of my locals had his Vitesse  away for the ARS  it was trailered all over the place and much got wrecked , the 6 week hire lasted 7 months

with switches .door handles hood , seats  and handbrake wrecked  one side of the handbrake cable had been wrecked by a trailer tie down strap and they bolted the cable end to the floor so HB on just one wheel 

never let you car out to any supposed hire /film company unless you drive it yourself 

Pete

Started something now!. I was more interested to find out the Dark Blue Colour Name/Code than anything else!. As for "Film Use" I had several requests to hire my R-V, Mostly for use as "Dressing/Makeup" facility. Tempted, by the hire rate, until one guy who did it had his interior wrecked.

Pete

1 hour ago, Gary Flinn said:

A very dark shade, so Royal Blue maybe?

Likely, I note that there is also a Valencia blue, which looks a shade lighter?. If I can get the shade I want I can get it locally, which helps if you run short. They matched my "Girly Green" Fiat Punto paint to a "T" after It was reversed into in Morrisons car park. A "sorry, I was running late to collect the kids from school" incident!.

Pete

Nice looking alloys on the 6?. Recently there has been a very pretty 3 series Beemer Convertible, Parked near our Doctors. The blue (metallic) is probably lighter than the Herald (above) but not so light as the 6. That was nearer to my thinking. But of course NOT a Triumph colour.

Pete

This afternoon I went in to see Mrs Me in her "work space" at home and she was watching a Blake Edwards film with Julie Andrews & Omar Sharif in the corner of the screen as I walked in was a Triumph convertible, pale blue with white stripe, as it was the back end couldn't tell if it was Herald or Vitesse