4 Branch Manifolds on Heralds?.

PeteH

Wins International have a version for the 1360, costing £165 on their price list, but no details nor photographs.

Canleys and Rimmers both sell for both 1200 and 13/60, Canley's list theirs as 'Weber' and I know there are Phoenix versions available, around £350 or so. There also appears to be a choice between one piece, which will fit to a single pipe (possibly needing a single adaptor sleeve) and two-piece systems which require a y-shaped joint.

My own for the 1200 is a Falcon, TT1300SS part number 30997 but I haven't narrowed down a current supplier so far this morning.

PeteH,

What's your objective in wanting a tubular manifold? If it's the look, end of conversation!

If it's performance, then a four cylinder can gain no advantage by exhaust extraction, as a six can, because of the timing.    There may be some small gain by better exhaust flow, and a 4-1 configuration can improve top end power, but only at high revs.    And 4-1 headers need to be really long!

JOhn

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

If it's performance, then a four cylinder can gain no advantage by exhaust extraction, as a six can, because of the timing.    There may be some small gain by better exhaust flow, and a 4-1 configuration can improve top end power, but only at high revs.    And 4-1 headers need to be really long!

Eh??

What about the 4-2-1 John, which works in exactly the same way as the 6-3-1 on a six, linking the paired cylinder ports for the scavenge effect?  This is the one you want on any road driven 4 pot IMO and there are several on the market to choose from.

Assuming the OP has a 13/60 Herald then the manifold sold for the Mk3, Mk4 or 1500 Spitfire will fit.

Nick

21 hours ago, PeteH said:

Hi

Spotted on another thread, There was a nice looking 4 branch (Stainless?) manifold. I am considering the possibility of using one in the 13/60 Information on suppliers etc; would be apreciated?.👍.

Pete.

Hello Peter 

I have one going spare if you want it for a reasonable price?

I removed it from my spitfire as it stopped me fitting the EFI runners(I have get a different one

I will take a photo if interested?

Roger

WOW!. Please sir!. I was really only thinking the CI object looked somewhat "agricultural", whereas a a nice shiny 4-2-1 branch would look better when one considers that once the bonnet is raised a lot of "kit" is exposed. The Rimmer offerings are listed for "twin carb". I was really just "cogitating" as to if they could be purchased at reasonable cost. I had a new full system fabricated some years ago for the Rear Engined American R-V/Camper but had to supply the old one as pattern that was a £400 Bill, mind the silencer alone was near as tall as I!!.

Pete

42 minutes ago, rogerguzzi said:

Hello Peter 

I have one going spare if you want it for a reasonable price?

I removed it from my spitfire as it stopped me fitting the EFI runners(I have get a different one

I will take a photo if interested?

Roger

Can you P-M from here?.

12 hours ago, Jeffds1360 said:

Just tap on rogerguzzis name and the option to PM him comes up. :)

if you dont grab his manifold,  I  am interested..... Roger?? ( hi again :( )

Had a word with Roger, his too came off a twin carb layout, I`m not going that route at this point.

Pete

1 hour ago, PeteH said:

Had a word with Roger, his too came off a twin carb layout, I`m not going that route at this point.

Don’t think that matters? Suppose it might depend on the actual manifold will fit around the inlet. Be aware that it probably will affect the jetting (needle choice)

Nick

• Like 1

I am probably a long way off, getting to that anyway, At this time I`m struggling with panel gaps!!. And getting the bonnet front to the right (height) position, to line it through on the panel lines.!!. There does not appear to be sufficient adjustment, and the Cill`s have a really large gap under the door, but won`t go any higher, lower the door and the panel lines don`t match!. I am wondering if the Door has been re-skinned in the past,and the lines are too high?. I just replaced a 4" rotted section at the bottom. I know the door is a (S/H) replacement as the colours don`t match under the white!.

P.s. Sorry for thread drift!.

Pete