Distributor Cap & Rotor Arm Identification

Meeze

Hello, It's me again 

After several unsuccessful attempts at starting my GT6, I decided to have a look at the ignition. The distributor cap central carbon electrode was worn, so I pulled out a spare original Lucas DDB702 that I purchased from Mick Dolphin years ago. This fitted bang on, but I also tried another spare distributor cap Intermotor 4482 which wouldn't 'lock in', so my first question is what does this fit as it says Triumph GT6 1966-74?

My second question is what rotor arm is the correct one to use. Like the Intermotor distributor cap, I have several Intermotor distributor arms that I have purchased from car boot sales - see photos. I also have 2 Unipart GRA110 in their original packaging, are these the correct one's?

I need to order some spares so I want to know what is make of my distributor and what are the correct nos. to use?

😀Thanks again

Maria

Lucas DDB702.JPG

What rotor Arm Is It.JPG

What Rotor Arm.JPG

Rotor Arms.JPG

you need to clean the dizzy body and get  the numbers stamped on the side 

from the rotors and cap with a fixed centre brush you have a Delco distributor  like a D0202 or such like

the rotor looks burnt so the sprung contact is not in contact with the cap brush when the cap is fitted

many aftermarket caps do not fit well ,as often poor moulding of a copy .

you have some sort of electronic points fitted could be an Aldon ??? 

Pete

That's all Delco Remy stuff; the cap code 54420852 confirms; you can also see the catches for the cap which differ from Lucas. Lucas caps have a sprung centre terminal and a flat rotor arm; Delco have a flat terminal and a sprung rotor as in your pics.

The original will have been a Delco D204.

most aftermart delco caps ive tried dont fit well the register needs a bit of dremmel work to make it locate

suggest when thing get back to some normal you look out fora new old stock original cap 

you do need to make sure the brush contacts the rotor or you get  a lost spark it errodes the centre bush and burns the rotor as have found 

Pete