Spitfire 1500 seat belt

James_D

I replaced my old, rather dodgy looking original static belts on my mkiv 1300 with inertia thingies. Securon off fleabay. Fitted straight in, no extra holes to drill. I found the extra mounting point totally by accident when I was mucking about behind the seats. Certainly wouldn't go back to static now. The only drawback is the stupid price being asked for the 'plate parking whatnot'. I am still looking as the belts tend to go walkabout after you release them and either disappear down behind the seats or play 'mateing games' with the hood frame.

We are mid way through a full restoration, and would like to keep the originality if we can. The intention would be to renew the webbing of the belt and overhaul the remainder, mechanisms etc if required.  I’ve owned the car 25 years and it is extremely original. The restoration will not be far off concours and is being undertaken by a professional restoration firm. The existing drivers belt was replaced circa 20 years ago with a securon type whilst the passenger is original. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Roger,

I did order a set from TD Fitchett, which I was told were original new old stock but they turned out to be different from the originals. 

Photo is what was received. Does anyone have any idea what these would be for? Box was marked Spitfire 1500. 

Thanks,

James

5A9711D8-503B-42C1-B0AC-525D63BA85A2.jpeg