Aluminium bumpers

FranksVitesse

1 minute ago, FranksVitesse said:

Thanks,might be worth a try although I think they will need a fair bit of elbow grease to achieve the look of yours which look nice  .

It’s surprising the effect the acrylic spray has . I used 2 coats 

Pail 

I was watching a program with Drew Pritchard with classic cars, and they had incredible results from a metal polishing company in Stourbridge. All the trim on a Citroen DS came up like chrome, all for around the £200 mark. You might have a metal polishers nearer. Certainly worth taking and getting a price. The program was on Quest.

Tony.   

If you watched Salvage Hunters Classic Cars recently, the Citroen DS edition, they took the aluminium and chrome parts to a professional polisher, who used a larger version of the kit I have. You really need the heavy sisal mop to remove the surface layer and minor scratches, then polish with progressively finer polishes and mops to get a mirror finish. Autosol is fine on good chrome, but needs an awful lot of elbow grease on aluminium and when I use it, it seems to make everything black. The more I polish, the blacker it gets...

I've just discovered that the kit I bought was from an ad in Practical Classics in 1994 so it's lasted over 25 years so far... brown and white polish and three mops of rough medium and fine. Definitely worth the money and gives a finish I couldn't get with a week of hand-polishing.

B3A82194-8AC5-4789-A4DE-3D797645B661_1_105_c.jpg.bd3cf0914fdef406440721d180851e86.jpg