Evening all, I hope this finds everyone well, if not a bit feed up with 2021 already.  I am looking to replace all four tyres on the spits I suspect they are now too old. Please see picture I think they are week 9 2001 ?  So I was wondering if we have a club discount as such ???  Or does any one have any recommendations ?? found these on national tyres, has anyone used these  ?

Cheers every one.

P.S. still looking for a roll bar with a diagonal, bloody hens teeth or what ;) 

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 18.26.26.png

IMG_1363.jpg

yes, 20 years old. Best to replace at 7. Or better still wear them out before the 7 years is up.

Goodyears are a very good tyre. Also consider te dunlops. Though if you want a more budget friendly tyre toyos are good value (recently bought some mail order for£25 each)

The club doesn't do discounts (except insurance, and the odd event etc) but worth checking blackcircles and the other online sellers. If you have a handy tyre fitter, I buy often tyres from Demon Tweaks.

without any particular tyre to recommend  you will find a new tyre will improve the grip and handling beyond your dreams 

anything old 7 to 10 years go very hard ans have very little grip  

if you dont do the miles to wear them  , look at budget , as age  limit will catch up before the wear takes place 

Pete

Most of the online suppliers add £15 each a tyre to have them fitted for free.

So a friendly fitter, or even your own fitting tool and bubble balancer soon pays for itself,

The Goodyear efficient grip performance are very good, I have them on the TR, so do a few other friends.

not worth getting the ones designed for longer life (Efficient Grip Ecconomy?), you will not wear them out before they get old.

14 hours ago, clive said:

yes, 20 years old. Best to replace at 7. Or better still wear them out before the 7 years is up.

Goodyears are a very good tyre. Also consider te dunlops. Though if you want a more budget friendly tyre toyos are good value (recently bought some mail order for£25 each)

The club doesn't do discounts (except insurance, and the odd event etc) but worth checking blackcircles and the other online sellers. If you have a handy tyre fitter, I buy often tyres from Demon Tweaks.

Another vote for Toyos here. My Triumph doesn't do enough miles in lousy conditions to merit a top brand tyre. I'd rather purchase a cheaper, softer tyre that gives good dry grip, is quiet and I've a chance of using a reasonable proportion of the tread depth before age-related replacement! I do around 2,500 miles a year in the GT6...

I'm a big fan of Falken tyres for modern and classic, but couldn't find a deal when I replaced the GT6 tyres 18 months ago, hence the Toyos. Think they were c. £42-£45 per corner fitted via Blackcircles.

Gully

I've used my-tyres.co.uk a couple of times in the past and not had any issues with them/found them cheaper than blackcircles.

If you're looking at top brands then I found my Spitfire just ate Pirellis on the front wheels, was fine on Michelins and I'm more than happy with it on it's current Uniroyal Rainexperts.

If you're looking at budget brands then Google is your friend as you can usually find out who they are owned by or actually make the tyres.  On our cars an old Bridgestone design/compound branded Firestone is still going to be a couple of decades more advanced than the car they are being fitted to!