vaccination centres ??

Pete Lewis

10 hours ago, Anglefire said:

Mine came through today - I was a little peved on Sunday when they opened the booking system for 56 and over - (56 in April) but they have revised the age to 55 and over now - so I'm booked in on Monday at 8am and then June 1st at Millennium Point.

Not sure if there is any truth to rumour that if you've had it the vaccine knocks you about more - I know my friends daughter has had covid and just had the jab and has been pretty rough with it. I don't think I've had it - but my wife has (Still not 100% so is delaying hers until she is more better) and I was in the same house and didn't do anything different - didn't wear a mask etc - and didn't have any symptoms - or didn't notice them! 

I had the A-Z one, at my G-P surgery as did SWMBO. I did have vague "flue like" symptoms the following day SWMBO felt a few aches she said, but put it down to her "normal" level due to galloping Osteo-Porosis. Neighbours who have had Pfizer jab. All say they have had no reaction. I know when we used to get the "jabs" for visiting remote parts of the Globe. We used to reckon if you felt rough next day it meant the vaccine had "taken"?.

I am theoretically due my second hit around the 12th April (Max). but no signs of any "apointment" as yet.

Pete

Friend of mine works in a care home. For some reason half of them got AZ the other half pfizer. All the AZders were very ill the next day. The pfizers were fine. I got the AZ... no problems but it will be interesting to see what happens with the second round

I had my jab 3 weeks ago and my wife had hers this Monday both AZ, both fine. As far as we know never had covid. 

As soon as we received the letter we both booked online for the first and second appointment. 

You can only book both at once at the large vaccination centres.  The PCN venues are never certain what vaccine they will have and when, so those patients are generally called at shorter notice nearer the time.  Patients are on the Pinnacle system of the national vaccination record so will still get called at the appropriate time.

1 minute ago, Roger K said:

No - see my response above.

I guess you pressed send just a few seconds ahead of me? Though locally it apears to be a bit "hit and miss". In that for some reason, those we know who have had a 2nd seem to be primarily Pfizer?.

Pete

My invite letter said book online at:-

www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination

The site is very easy and comprehensive with options of when and where to book for your first and if you want your second jab. 

Most impressed! 

Iain 

Downham market has its vaccination centre at Swaffham.  Like the previous poster has said , i got my notice a few days prior to being able to book, no option to book the second. In the Boston area they have to book both but don't have the first for at least a month after booking. Two different systems depends where you live.

Just now, Iain T said:

Mathew

So your invite didn't show the NHS booking website? 

No, i had a text from my local gp, the link took me to booking. Only two day option, friday or Saturday morning only. Text came on tuesday

Both Lady BW and I got calls from our local gp. Different days due to age. Would we like a vaccination????? You bet. What do you have available, what time do you want. Sorted, super efficient, very quick, very impressed. Local sports center mass vax jobbie. No date for the 2nd for either of us. Not worried, been done. Feel safer, very pleased. Looking forward to a return to some sort of normal.

What is more I am very pleased that there is so much wonderful good feeling on this thread. 

I'm just back from the clinic again this morning.  The reason you do not get much notice, and not many days choice, at the smaller centres is because we have no idea when we are going to get the vaccine deliveries, or how much, until only a couple of days before the clinic session.  At our PCN clinic we seem to be getting most deliveries for use on Fridays and Saturdays, which is a bit of a pain because it nadgers up the weekend a bit.  Still, needs must...  and the reason most second doses so far are Pfizer is because that's what we started out with, the OAZ came along a bit later, so those reaching their 12 week call for no.2 had the early Pfizer jabs.  We haven't seen much Pfizer lately which is a blessing in the clinic because the 15-min wait is a real pain to organize in a town centre location, and can lead to queueing purely because of the space for people to wait.  All two-metre spaced, don't forget, with the chair wiped down between each occupant.  OAZ much easier - straight out and sit the car until 15mins are up before you drive.

We'll probably be doing this until well into the summer, I'd think.  Then I can retire...again