vaccination centres ??

Pete Lewis

23 hours ago, Roger K said:

It also seems to commonly be a cavernous sinus thrombosis.

Indeed.    And so as not to impose my own views and ignorance, the NHS webite has a page all about it, WSRT Covid: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cavernous-sinus-thrombosis/

But CVST, CaVernous Sinus Thrombosis was excessively rare before Covid, and still is.    This study from 2016,  https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/STROKEAHA.116.013617#:~:text=The incidence of cerebral venous,5 per million per year. found that there might be 12-19 cases a year per million people.    This was higher than the 1-4/million previously estimated.

Both these figures should be compared with the incidence of Vaccine assocciated throbotic events, 79 in 20.2 million (in the UK as of end of March), or 4 per million.   Only half of the cases had the thrombocytopaenia (low platelets) that may make it similar to the heparin-associated condition.     Two thirds of the people suffering this complication were women.  ( https://www.gov.uk/government/news/mhra-issues-new-advice-concluding-a-possible-link-between-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-and-extremely-rare-unlikely-to-occur-blood-clots ) The incidence of thrombosis in women in the age group that take a contraceptive pill is 50-100 per million per year, and if they take an oestrogen-containing contraceptive pill, that risk trebles.   

The power and manipulative ability of the press and social media is simply staggering, and very depressing.  Just look at those figures and do the sums...

It's difficult to keep your cool when some old biddy off the fen comes in and says she 'doesn't want any of that dangerous stuff' injecting in her arm.  I mean...  not looking forward to my three days this week, when we'll be back to the OAZ.

Ok. So the death rate appears to be 4 in a million. Has anyone seen any comparative data published deaths or serious side effects for other popular drugs such as:

Paracetamol

Ibuprofen

Contraceptive Pill

Smallpox Vacination

Measles Vacination

Plus all the blood thinners, heart attack preventers and so many others that I don't know and certainly can't spell.

It's about time the powers that be published a full table of regularly used drugs along with the numbers of deaths attributable to them, to put this into some sort of perspective.

Yes all the figures and logic show AZ is no worse than other meds and a lot safer than some no doubt. The problem is people don't follow logic, they get emotive. It would be a good idea to regularly put out the figures as mentioned for 'normal' medicines.

Do you remember the days when the TV would put out how many people had been killed on the roads on bank holiday weekends? I don't recall them saying what the average was for a normal weekend so you could actually compare the two.

thats because the deaths were probably less than normal 

like they dont put up how many phizer blood clots are known   ....if its a normal then both will be the same 

but us brits like to shoot in the foot .....not say.....  sod off 

we need a bull dog here not mamby pansy niceties 

Pete

42 minutes ago, 68vitesse said:

American one dose vaccine paused because of blood clots.

6.8 million doses used, 6 cases. That's what I've read.

J&J are now looking to delay its introduction in Europe . . . .

43 minutes ago, 68vitesse said:

Just booked my second Astrazenica for Thursday, that makes it one day short of ten weeks from first.

And I can have a pint afterwards.

Regards

Paul.

Enjoy it - the pint not the jab 😉

2 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

American one dose vaccine paused because of blood clots.

Just booked my second Astrazenica for Thursday, that makes it one day short of ten weeks from first.

And I can have a pint afterwards.

Regards

Paul.

Paul, All,

After first, your immunity takes two to three weeks to kick in, and may be fading by twelve weeks.    It'll activate again more quickly after the second, and - we hope stay good for much longer.   How long we don't know yet.

it will protect you from the worst of Covid, but you may still be able to carry the infection, with no symptoms.    The advice still is to distance etc.  Give it a week, I'd say before having that open air pint!

John

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

Paul, All,

After first, your immunity takes two to three weeks to kick in, and may be fading by twelve weeks.    It'll activate again more quickly after the second, and - we hope stay good for much longer.   How long we don't know yet.

it will protect you from the worst of Covid, but you may still be able to carry the infection, with no symptoms.    The advice still is to distance etc.  Give it a week, I'd say before having that open air pint!

John

Are these Lateral Flow tests of any benefit?. Eg; As far as I am aware, "we" have been scupulously self isolating and distancing since Feb 2020.?

Pete

after the faf of being booked into a closed site by119 on friday  the Doc's got us in locally  2nd   jabbed yesterday   

(wednesday)   seamless    .    no side effects   the grumpy is normal  ha !

so advice is use your local     and   abandon  the university of incompetence ...

Pete

32 minutes ago, poppyman said:

Statistically, if 3 million people are getting the vaccine one of them will die in a car accident on the way home. So ... the vaccine causes car accidents. Pass it on........Sad isn't it....

That's quite true, if they hadn't gone to get vaccinated they would have stayed at home and not had the accident so the accident WAS due to the vaccination. However staying at home isn't safe either . . . 🥴

I did wonder about the stats about those who have died. If you have had a positive test and die say 27 days later of some totally unrelated problem (accident, poison, murder etc), am I correct that you get added to the covid death total?  Lady BW was reading the leaflet of side effects that are possible with Ibuprofen. It's a wonder that anyone takes it, but nobody talks about how many in a million die from the side effects. I wish that the stat collectors would issue something more meaningful to my view.

What would you like to know, Badwolf?   

This is the "Information for health professionals" published by the UK Gov.   It's technical but I'm sure you can cope!   

Section 4.4 deals with rare serious complications, and 4.8 the common side effects.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/976815/Information_for_Healthcare_Professionals_on_COVID-19_Vaccine_AstraZeneca.pdf

"The Truth is out there" and it's not even hidden!

John

I did wonder about the stats about those who have died. If you have had a positive test and die say 27 days later of some totally unrelated problem (accident, poison, murder etc), am I correct that you get added to the covid death total?  

The 28 days figure announced daily is a crude but fast measure to see how things are going.

The ONS stats are derived from the death certificates and are used to compare with 'normal' all cause deaths and are more useful in taking a longer view and causation analysis/trends, etc.   In cases of (traffic) accidents, murders, etc. the death certificate isn't issued until after the inquest which may be years later.

C.