vaccination centres ??

Pete Lewis

43 minutes ago, Anglefire said:

9:50 is the middle of the afternoon! 

He`s Adopted the French time/space. Breakfast is Coffee and Crosiants taken on the Patio, whilst La Monde is read. Lunch lasts until 3 (at least). Dinner doesnt finnish much before 10 (pm). (I know, Iv`e watched Poirot, mind he`s a Beligian, and some of those cheeky French Films). Cut my teeth on Maigriet, Rupert Davies.🤣

Pete

39 minutes ago, PeteH said:

He`s Adopted the French time/space. Breakfast is Coffee and Crosiants taken on the Patio, whilst La Monde is read. Lunch lasts until 3 (at least). Dinner doesnt finnish much before 10 (pm). (I know, Iv`e watched Poirot, mind he`s a Beligian, and some of those cheeky French Films). Cut my teeth on Maigriet, Rupert Davies.🤣

Pete

To be precise, not French but Percheron. Time is an alien concept, watches aren't worn we use calendars for urgent matters. The church bells let us know when it is coffee time or lunch.

Being serious there is the 'Percheron 1/4 d'heure'. Example : a meeting or event advertised to start at  20h00 ( 8pm to you) nobody will turn up until 20h15 and it won't start until 15 to 30 minutes after that.

We found this out very early on when we moved here by arriving for a village event on time and the lights weren't even on. I once asked my boss how long a time delay 'tout suite' was, his reply was 'about 15 minutes'.

Our first house here was actually called 'L'an Dix' because it was built then. Year ten in the post French Revolution calendar. See no respect for time, even started all over again 

10 hours ago, Roger K said:

We start at 7.45

I certainly wasn't commenting on your start time Roger - and I bet you have to be on site earlier than that too! 

I as others have already commented, very appreciative of you (and your colleagues as well as everyone else involved) giving up your time to get the vaccines into arms ASAP!

I just hope the indian one doesn't undo all the work put in already.

3 hours ago, Anglefire said:

I certainly wasn't commenting on your start time Roger - and I bet you have to be on site earlier than that too! 

I as others have already commented, very appreciative of you (and your colleagues as well as everyone else involved) giving up your time to get the vaccines into arms ASAP!

I just hope the indian one doesn't undo all the work put in already.

It shouldn't do - the current advice is that it is still susceptible to the vaccines.

15 hours ago, Chris A said:

To be precise, not French but Percheron. Time is an alien concept, watches aren't worn we use calendars for urgent matters. The church bells let us know when it is coffee time or lunch.

My stomach does the same thing - lunchtime!! I don't wear a watch, retirement doesn't need one.

We used to joke about events that way - you were out of bed at 4, to be leaving the house at 5, to be in work clothes at 6, for a briefing at 7, to be ready to go at 8, to be at your point at 9, to open the gates at 10, for an event that started at 11.

18 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

My stomach does the same thing - lunchtime!! I don't wear a watch, retirement doesn't need one.

We used to joke about events that way - you were out of bed at 4, to be leaving the house at 5, to be in work clothes at 6, for a briefing at 7, to be ready to go at 8, to be at your point at 9, to open the gates at 10, for an event that started at 11.

Reminds me of the RAC rally a few years back when I marshaled. Arrive night before - sleep in car - froze to death as it was -7 - couldn't get the gas to work properly so very slow bacon for breakfast, course cars through at about 8-9, first car about 9:30, last car 3 hours later, wait for course closer 3 hours after that, pack up and go home.

3 hours ago, Anglefire said:

Reminds me of the RAC rally a few years back when I marshaled. Arrive night before - sleep in car - froze to death as it was -7 - couldn't get the gas to work properly so very slow bacon for breakfast, course cars through at about 8-9, first car about 9:30, last car 3 hours later, wait for course closer 3 hours after that, pack up and go home.

I think any motorsport marshalling is like that.

At least the closing car was right behind the last car on the Tendring Rally, as we had to reopen the road for 90 minutes for the locals before the opening car returned. Gave a chance to go and get a snack or a coffee.

we dont have any comments about side effects i have a few close friends all ladies in serious trouble 

and vertigo  /dizzy  grose lethargy  and seriously itching and spotty legs , painful pressure points on body 

seems to be too common   and all are long  lasting complications following the 2nd jab  not a few days but a few weeks  and GP 's have no help or ideas why ..or are not saying   

111 been of no assistance either    so seems a bit of cover up after the clotting scare 

but  4 out of a group of 5 is  a bit more than significant 

if a lass wakes up  2 days after the jab to both legs covered in a bright rash and itch you to death and  the GP thinks  it might be eczema is just rubbish 

they have used     https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

Pete

31 minutes ago, thescrapman said:

I think any motorsport marshalling is like that.

I did a point for the Giro D'Italia and it was something like a 5am start. The route had to be cleared of cars that didn't understand the 'please do not park on the route' notices and had parked overnight - residents seem to think that they can park there then move 15 minutes before an event...
I was on point at a junction from 6am, the race came through at about 1pm and was gone in 5 minutes.

Bonus of the day was finding a £20 note stuck in a tree right beside me... :)

20 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

we dont have any comments about side effects i have a few close friends all ladies in serious trouble 

and vertigo  /dizzy  grose lethargy  and seriously itching and spotty legs , painful pressure points on body 

seems to be too common   and all are long  lasting complications following the 2nd jab  not a few days but a few weeks  and GP 's have no help or ideas why ..or are not saying   

111 been of no assistance either    so seems a bit of cover up after the clotting scare 

but  4 out of a group of 5 is  a bit more than significant 

if a lass wakes up  2 days after the jab to both legs covered in a bright rash and itch you to death and  the GP thinks  it might be eczema is just rubbish 

they have used     https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

Pete

Mum and Mom in law have both had the 2nd (AZ) and no issues - slightly tired for 24hours. Daughter has had 2nd (Pfizer) Nothing at all apart from sore arm around the needle site.

No one else I know who has had the 2nd has reported any long term ill effects.

After my First A-Z. I had a vague feeling the day after that I was "going down with the flu", nothing more. The second one nothing noticeable.

There have been (as you expect) some "rumors", that of folk who think it might be co reacting with prescribed medications?, and or non prescription "stuff"?. There are folk who cannot have the Flu vaccine because of what they are already on?.

Pete

myself and wife have no effects worth noting 

just odd such a small group of friends have had some serious effects from some where

just after the jab , none have been anywhere or done anything out of the normal 

or are on any other medications 

Pete

There is known to be a very wide variation in the side effects in response to Covid, vaccine, or any other vaccine for that matter.    So there are people who have none at all and those who are prostrated for some days.    Quantified, it would follows a random distribution, see below.    There is a known phenomenon in random events, "Poisson bursts" that occur in clusters, in time or space.  Another word would be "coincidence"!    If the distribution of side effect severity is random, then we may expect clusters of similar responses, and as we may expect families to respond similarly, this will reinforce and multiply the appearance of clusters.

Figure thumbnail gr1

Proportion of participants self-reporting adverse effects to the COVID Symptom Study app within 8 days after vaccination
The top row shows systemic effects and the bottom row shows local effects within 8 days after receipt of the first dose (A, D) or second dose (B, E) of the BNT162b2 vaccine or the first dose of the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine (C, F). Shading indicates 95% CIs.

From:  Menni, Klazer, May et al, Vaccine side-effects and SARS-CoV-2 infection after vaccination in users of the COVID Symptom Study app in the UK: a prospective observational studyhttps://doi.org/10.1016/S1473-3099(21)00224-3

JOhn

Just done an at home test - I've done a couple in the last couple of weeks at work on specific sites before being allowed on site (But only contractors have to have them, the staff on site don't...........) And was negative. :) 

Few days after az second and no noticeable side effects. My sister had some sickness from the Pfizer with dizzy spells and a bloke at work had a diabetic crash after his Pfizer 2nd, being controlled well for 14 years prior.

• 3 weeks later...

Had my AZ 2nd vaccination yesterday - bit of a headache this morning - just like the 1st so taken a couple of paracetamols which I hope will kick it into touch toot suite. 

Millennium point is now doing the AZ and Pfizer - so when you arrive you get a sticker to say which one you are due to have. I also arrived at 8am - wasn't booked in until 12:30 but was aware that being early (At least that early) was fine as it always gets busier later so early birds do help later on.

Was also worth noting that Birmingham has just started its clean air zone - but you could get a voucher to cover the cost if needed - though I since found out that payment has been delayed another 2 weeks. 

10 hours ago, Anglefire said:

Was also worth noting that Birmingham has just started its clean air zone - but you could get a voucher to cover the cost if needed - though I since found out that payment has been delayed another 2 weeks. 

Or just take the Triumph.