Vitesse 1600/2L MkI front grill measurements

Chris Longhurst

I wonder if anyone with easy access to their Vitesse 1600 or 2L MkI could measure the size of the 'hole' in the front grill and the thickness of the metal around the hole for me!! (mm preferred)

I am building a model Vitesse from a modified Herald Airfix kit & need to purchase some fine mesh for the grill & need full sizes so I can scale down & order.

Many Thanks - Chris (78/00350)

On 27/01/2021 at 09:15, ahebron said:

Chris please post photos.
I have 3 Airfix Herald kits to build and want tom do a Vitesse at least once.
I have two individual kits and the third is the combo with TR4 and a Mk1 Scrote.

Adrian

My post was a little misleading - what I have is some Vitesse 2L MkII body shells in resin that seem to have been derived from a 1/32nd Airfix Herald. 1 will use for a 2L MKII, the other 2 will be modified to a 1600 and a Indian Standard Herald MKIII 4-door (which has a early Vitesse bonnet) - hence the need to the grill mesh size!

Attached (I hope) are a few pics (apologies for the poor quality) - the front end shape looks o.k. although I think the lights are slightly over-scale. There is also a lot of 'flash; from casting to remove.

I once tried to convert an Airfix Herald to a Vitesse but realised that although peoples faces are usually asymmetrical, Vitesse front ends are usually not & gave up on the project.

Chris

IMG_3503.JPG

IMG_3505.JPG

IMG_3507.JPG