Type 12 Vitesse 6 calipers

Hiwex

If you get desperate I have a couple of pairs of type 12 out in the garage.

No idea what condition but I thunk 1 set was last on the road in mid70s as they came off a Herald I rescued from a garage that had had a heavy front end crash, twice. Don't think the type 12 s matched the tuned engine the guy had fitted.

Wish mine were in that condition, I've just started refurbishing a pair... whilst looking for other parts I found stainless pistons, seal kits and even the little round seal for the two caliper halves in a drawer, so as I am doing nothing else at present, I may as well. I think I'll have fun getting the pistons out of the other one...

B11CC60F-810E-4E70-BF9F-07465C36BC43_1_105_c.jpg.935525fbc848c2d7fb8ae2f750dfb80d.jpg

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Wish mine were in that condition, I've just started refurbishing a pair... whilst looking for other parts I found stainless pistons, seal kits and even the little round seal for the two caliper halves in a drawer, so as I am doing nothing else at present, I may as well. I think I'll have fun getting the pistons out of the other one...

B11CC60F-810E-4E70-BF9F-07465C36BC43_1_105_c.jpg.935525fbc848c2d7fb8ae2f750dfb80d.jpg

I have a second pair with moving pistons, and a third pair that look about the same as your other one, but one f the pistons did move under air pressure amazingly.