Looking to contact former owners of Red GT6 reg OGV 368M

SixasStandard

Hello All,

Bit of a strange one here........I'm actually looking to track down a magazine article published some time in the early 1990s which featured a comparison test between a Red Triumph GT6 reg OGV 368M (currently taxed according to DVLA), a blue MGB Roadster reg TJN 405H (also currently taxed), and a white Sunbeam Alpine reg OJG 23F (now in Australia).

If anyone knows who the owner of the GT6 was in the early 1990s they might be able to help identify what magazine published the article in question.

It's a long story.......don't ask!

Thanks,

Ian  

picture 3.jpg

After only 15 hours since posted! I replied to a post on another forum earlier in the week, it was the top posting on that section, and I only realised after I had replied that it was posted in 2019 and no-one had replied to any of the topics since before that... so this forum is positively frantic.

Online searches for GT6 / MG / Alpine comparison test and phrases like that have drawn a blank so far.

I looked at the photo, Pete, noting that the blue transit / MPV is also RHD - I get the impression the location may be situated at a common used booze run corridor in France.

All in the days of free trade etc !!

Regards.

Richard.

51 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

is that  Auchan supa store  ..... thought they were mainly  in france ???

Yes it is Auchan, I recognised the logo. I couldn't confirm it being France 100% as I couldn't read any other car registrations nor the big advertising board in the background. It is most likely France but could be Spain, Portugal, Taiwan, Russia, Senegal . . .

15 hours ago, classiclife said:

Ian,

I have sent the photo to a friend who is a classic car magazine photo archivist.

It's a long shot, but you never know.

Regards.

Richard.

Thanks Richard,

I owe you a call.......will be in touch for a catch up over the next few days if you're available.

ATB,

Ian

21 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

After only 15 hours since posted! I replied to a post on another forum earlier in the week, it was the top posting on that section, and I only realised after I had replied that it was posted in 2019 and no-one had replied to any of the topics since before that... so this forum is positively frantic.

Online searches for GT6 / MG / Alpine comparison test and phrases like that have drawn a blank so far.

You're quite right Colin........I'm afraid that patience and good manners isn't always my strong suit!!...........but point taken.

Ian

56 minutes ago, SixasStandard said:

You're quite right Colin........I'm afraid that patience and good manners isn't always my strong suit!!...........but point taken.

Ian

Neither complaint nor criticism from me, Ian... I'll keep looking, usually over coffee, but it may take a while. I've trawled through almost every issue of Practical Classics from the 1990s, they were renowned for strange trips, but no results yet.

I love the challenge and the detective work, so will keep trying.

3 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Neither complaint nor criticism from me, Ian... I'll keep looking, usually over coffee, but it may take a while. I've trawled through almost every issue of Practical Classics from the 1990s, they were renowned for strange trips, but no results yet.

I love the challenge and the detective work, so will keep trying.

Thanks Colin, I appreciate it.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, it rather looks like the FB respondent misunderstood my initial request. He appears to have focused solely on the GT6, rather than the Alpine together with the GT6 and the MGB.

Thanks anyway for taking the trouble to check your magazine collections........which are obviously quite extensive in some cases!!

Regards,

Ian 

16 minutes ago, SixasStandard said:

You obviously haven't seen my recent bills for cutting discs and welding wire!!

Perhaps there is an article in the magazine, providing advice to get better use of both 😊

4 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

It's not 8th, 9th, 10th or 12th in 1997 either. Nor any of the first three or four months of 1998. Wonder if the writer wrote for a variety of magazines and just used his own car for the articles?

Thanks for looking Colin. My initial request was part of background research for an article I'm writing for the Alpine Owners Club magazine. I have enough material without this particular element, so I'll just go with what I already have.

Thanks to everyone who offered their help. This Forum is hands down the most helpful I've ever come across.

Ian