Spitfire hardtop bolt problem

I've just managed to remove the hardtop from my Spitfire 1500. I'd made this more difficult by cross-threading and stripping one of the bolts that goes through the header rail. I thought it had tightened up a bit quickly after only a few turns, but then went loose, and I said "Oh dear", or words to that effect. So I was left with a bolt that turned but wouldn't undo.

My eventual solution was to cut the bolt head off so that I could remove the hardtop, but I'm now left with a hardtop that's got the threaded part of the bolt stuck in the captive nut.

Anyone got any ideas? My only thought is to cut the bolt off flush and then drill it out, but any other ideas would be gratefully received.

Simon

can you get some moles on it and attempt to lever it outwards against a block or similar whilst turning the head ??  it may decide to get enough thread to undo

always good to use a bolt with the first 3 treads ground down to shank diameter so you get a bit of aligning lead in when doing blind fitting

Pete

Thanks, good idea, Pete, although the bolt doesn't have a head any more! I'll try it by locking a couple of nuts on it. I think when I do get the thing out I'll fit some 5/16 studs in the fixings with the help of some Loctite and use dome nuts on the studs when I fit the hardtop again, should make things a lot easier

Simon