filler cap

brian wesby

There are a lot of lockable caps out there BUT, for the Vitesse you need 3x pins in a triangular formation - in essence 60 degree offset.

Ideal cap is a WASO and I mention the above because WASO produced a various locking pin combinations.

The attached photo link shows what to look for; albeit the advert says no key BUT there is a key in the photo & mentioned in the description !! The caps are either black or chrome but most folk go for chrome. 

Triumph Herald /Vitesse /Spitfire ..Locking Petrol Fuel Cap (NO KEY).. Chrome | eBay

Hope that assists ??

my 2000 had a cap with an adaptor ring  this has to sea; against the filler neck.

Mine leaked like a sieve  whatever you used as a gasket or sealer so  I   hope yours works well 

it got removed and a simple plain cap solved the leaks .   and no fuel  nicked  in the last 5 years  

Peet

I looked at the Fuel Cap Company site out of interest, I don't need a cap as I have an assortment of caps.

Potentially worth noting for anyone who wants a locking cap, Pete's comments to be taken on board.

I wonder if they are having any import delays now?

2 hours ago, NonMember said:

It was a known design flaw in the 3-door Metro. The filler cap got re-designed on later ones.

Correct Rob, many accidents were caused by the fuel pouring out onto the nsr wheel..... lethal when raining. It was mainly caused by a non standard fuel cap being used, but Austin Rover moved the filler neck higher up the body.

Tony.

3 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

yes  Tony   didnt realise it had an adaptor till i  got up close and personal but pee out on corners ...what the  !!!

removed it and fitted a tank/oil filler cap from chris witor  https://www.chriswitor.com/proddetail.php?prod=618389RM

but being 2 prong wont help on H and V 3 prongs 

Pete

Did the same thing Pete, perfect ever since. :) 

Tony.