Aldi GPS tracker

DerekS

I find that unless they specify one is fitted you save diddy squat adding it your car 

se;f preservation is the main improvement you get 

bit like Dash Cams you dont save any premium but the images help if its needed  to keep you sane 

Im sure theres lots of thoughts on this and other safety/anti theft items 

its stopping it from getting nicked in the first place is the hard part  a tracker only helps you find it 

Pete

I put a tracker in my Disco (It did more than that as I could also trigger the fuel burning heater to warm the car before getting in it) and it was very useful for tracking my business miles.

But my current car does similar as standard so haven't bothered. As does an app on my phone which I can swipe left and right for personal and business mileage.

For £40 its probably not a bad option for piece of mind and if it does get nicked you can hopefully find it quicker!

Hello and thankyou for your thoughts on this. Pete, you're absolutely right about stopping the car getting nicked in the first place. Ang and Paul, yeh I suspect it won't make a difference to the insurance premium and yes, apparently it has a sim card with it. Why I was attracted to it, (apart from being a gadget in a box) they do say it is subscription free. I did a spell on a jury service a couple of years ago and met a guy who had a business where his vans had trackers fitted. He showed me his laptop one lunchtime, 2 of his vans were doing 100mph on the motorway, he phoned them up and gave them a ticking off there and then. It was the first time I'd seen it in use, very impressive. They wouldn't be the GPS's from aldi though... 

11 minutes ago, derekskill said:

Hello and thankyou for your thoughts on this. Pete, you're absolutely right about stopping the car getting nicked in the first place. Ang and Paul, yeh I suspect it won't make a difference to the insurance premium and yes, apparently it has a sim card with it. Why I was attracted to it, (apart from being a gadget in a box) they do say it is subscription free. I did a spell on a jury service a couple of years ago and met a guy who had a business where his vans had trackers fitted. He showed me his laptop one lunchtime, 2 of his vans were doing 100mph on the motorway, he phoned them up and gave them a ticking off there and then. It was the first time I'd seen it in use, very impressive. They wouldn't be the GPS's from aldi though... 

Have you tried the Life360 app . I can track the missus on her shopping trips and monitor her speed , more important can have the tea ready for when comes home 🤗

I use the free option , good app 

Paul 

I have a Tracking device in the Motorhome. (GPS Live, Linked to a Giff-Gaff Sim) Recently it was in for some Body repair, following being abused by a lady driver whilst parked!. Fascinating watching it move from the repair shop to the paint shop and back then outside when they put the graphics back on. It is that accurate!, I can also shut the Diesel pump down remotely, probably the better benefit?. Mine WAS free, but they now charge an annual fee for new instalations. Might put one in the 13/60. But I suspect the "hidden switch" grounding the Coil, will be more apropriate to prevent theft in the first place. One (alleged) theoretical "advantage" is that 90% of stolen vehicles are parked up for 24hrs somehere remote to see if they do have a tracker, often allowing them to be recovered.

Pete

All the company vehicles at work have trackers fitted as a requirement of having one. There are lots of good reasons related to lone working and the vans are quite desirable to certain parts of the community.

Everyday reports are generated, every day staff are caught speeding, and not just by a little bit.

If you have a tracker in your car or van, why would you speed??

I run my own car, thesuggestion to fit them to private cars didn't go any where.

In the "early days" of using trackers. One of the co`s I did some Agency (LGV) driving for had trackers fitted. Gaffer had this 40+" plasma screen in the office showing the real time location of all his truck`s. What it did not show was the location of the many delays.!!. "why where you stationary at So and so" was  regular question on return to the yard!!.

Pete