Removing Wiper Switch, crossed threaded Speed nut und driver facsia panel removel

DVD3500

Likely the last update here.

I ended up rethreading the bolt on the speedo using a 4 mm die set. Seems to work well!

Just need to wait for hardware stores to open I will look for a suitable nut...

https://slotcarp.wordpress.com/dashboard-autopsy-23-feb-2021/

Password

Dash

Capital D

(to keep google und Zuckberg away...)

• 4 weeks later...

Small update.

Dash is nearly completely out.

Apparently there is an order to getting the heating vents out... I had to take the wiper bars out first to be able to wiggle them out. I was surprised at how tight the top of the dash was to get out.

I had to peel the seal on the windshield frame back to be able to slide it out.

I was originally going to recover it but there are only 2 small cracks on the top and frankly, it was so hard getting out I doubt putting another layer on top will help it fit....

The interior of the car will be light beige/cream with "biscuit" accents and floor so I was thinking of going lighter. For example I was thinking of putting in a maple dash...

I doubt I can find a color I can put on the black dash though to make it more brown.... I might be able to do a wrap but I doubt it...

I got what I think is called a check valve or non-return valve (as well as 15 feet/5 meters of silicone piping) from an aquarium supplier and tested the wiper pump/switch and they work great!
I have a valve before and after the switch. I presume that is the best way to do it.

I have not checked the electrical connections yet though...
I found my multi-meter.. it had fallen behind my workbench so I proceeded to check all things electrical.
The electric radiator fan works! It was attached to what looks like a relay (I will post pictures later) so I am curious if it has multiple speeds or not.

The wiper motor seems to work. I connected 2 tabs and they moved back and forth at 2 different speeds. I need to test the old and the new wiper pump/switch to see if they are working.

I have yet to test the heater fan/blower. I hope to do that soon as I tear down the rest of the interior.

Oh... and I found the kill switch. It was that fat black disc on the firewall with the plus cable. I had not seen from inside the car that the hole for the key was behind the "parcel shelf" . I wish I had found it earlier before I started tearing out the dash as I could have tested everything in situ but the previous owner was adamant that it was somewhere near the ignition switch...
Oh well. I have a new/used wire harness so it will all be replaced anyway...

I used the re settable fuse as you guys suggested and that made me feel a lot safer!

It never tripped so I hope it works. 🙂

With any luck the interior will be completely stripped over the Easter celebrations coming up....