GT6 Alternator query

Bruce_the_GT6

I've purchased the uprated alternator for my 69 GT6 mk2. When trying to fit the unit i noticed the back casing was different and the plugs don't match. Has anybody bought this part from Canley's (GXE8206) and fitted it to a GT6.

What do I need to change to make this work?

post-36-0-08239300-1437263731_thumb.jpg

post-36-0-38411700-1437263764_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Frank

What connectors do you currently (pun not intended) fitted? 

the 2 large connectors are joined internally, and are the main output. You would be wise to run an additional 30+A cable from one of those direct to the battery positive as your existing cable will only be rated at 30A approx

the smaller connection is to the warning light.

When I have converted dynamo equipped cars I just use the old dynamo female spade connectors, not used one of the proper blocks (though that is more that I never have one to hand!)

Hi

About to swap mine over for the first time in possible preparation to add a Kenlowe Fan - Luckily mine already has the plug supplied above but if I have that right it looks as if I need to change over to spades on the wires? 

I will also run a new wire to the starter solenoid to take the amperage

Hi Clive  - From Darrens link it looks as if the connectors are female spades :unsure: ??! (Not sure if that's the right terminology  Will have a good look this evening on mine at home to check first!

Aidan

So from here i'm mow in a dilema:

1. Does anyone still sell 5-terminal acr alternators?

As i suspect not, subject to any evidence:

2. Does anyone have any clear wiring diagrams for a 5- to 3- terminal conversion. I don't want to try an guess how to hack the loom.