Looking for Triumph Switches, dome lights, fog lights, fans etc...

DVD3500

As I stated elsewhere I am going to be adding some illumination to my MKIV Spitfire. I would like to keep the dash looking as vintage as possible, mostly to hide the fact that there is some high tech stuff in the car like wireless bluetooth speakers and a GPS speedomoter. Also I discovered after some searching (and reading Thomsen's book "Guide to originality") some of the things I want were actually options on real cars. What I am looking for are pictures of switches (and if anyone wants to sell some to me I am open to that) to get an idea if it all looks like OEM or not.

The switches do not have to be from a Spitfire/GT6 they can be from any car as far as I am concerned as long as they look similar in shape and size.

Currently plan is:

Front LED Fog lights (that don't look crap): Was a factory option I think (Non LED of course)

Rear LED red fog light: Was definitely a factory option (Non LED of course)

Possible LED daytime  running lights if I can figure out a way to not make them look stupid.

Possibly a fan booster to increase air circulation with the top up.

Possibly a "charging" switch, so the Bluetooth and wireless devices can be recharged only when the switch is on. (bear with me on this one)

While searching on "Lucas switches" I saw there were actual fog light switches by Lucas that look roughly the same size and shape as the ones in the MKIV.

I also saw a "dome light" switch from a GT6 and a "fan" switch just listed as a "Lucas switch".

Now the rules here in Germany are fairly strict so I may have to slightly modify the switches. For example the rear fog light has to have a red light to indicate it is on and I think the fog lights need an orange or white light to indicate they are on. Both I think I could modify with an LED or putting an LED indicator on above the switch (disguised as a standard  light).

Some of the other (I admit) crazier ideas I was thinking of were for example using the dome light for the daytime running, the fan for the extra fan boost.

For the "charging" switch I would likely use a generic switch and repurpose it. The idea here is when I get out of the car and won't use it for a while I will charge it and I can hit that switch to charge the speakers and the GPS speedomoter (which will be hidden where the radio usually goes). The thought behind this is the car is supposed to be a daily driver as much as possible which means short trips that might kill the battery if these things are plugged in all the time. Also I don't want my kids charging without asking. 😉 My guess is they will not pull more than 20-30 amps all together, probably less.

I have a licensed auto electrician lined up to help me with wiring but I want to get ideas as to what it could look like plus, he being German is not fully aware of the joys of dealing Prince Lucas. There may be some secrets about the switches that we need to know about. For example I read the main light switch is kind of a slow burning fuse (I may be wording this wrong) just waiting to break...

Maybe the other switches have weird properties as well?

So if anyone has period "extras" on their dash could you please post so I can get ideas?

I would also like to get the layout as original as possible...

If I am unclear or being slightly odder than usual let me know. 😄

Thanks and have a safe happy weekend!

I would have thought any front fog lights in 72 would be the standard Lucas rectangular one, chromed metal casing, and black plastic cover with the little square tell-tale in it.

Later Spitfires had a black plastic square rear one bolted through the rear valence I seem to remember.

switches would probably be a round illuminated pull switch standard Lucas fare.

2 minutes ago, thescrapman said:

I would have thought any front fog lights in 72 would be the standard Lucas rectangular one, chromed metal casing, and black plastic cover with the little square tell-tale in it.

Later Spitfires had a black plastic square rear one bolted through the rear valence I seem to remember.

I don't thunk many people would have had a dealer fit rear fog, they only appeared when compulsory.

switches would probably be a round illuminated pull switch standard Lucas fare.

DSCF8304.jpg.94ed1005fc2bb887d354390c1d53e8a9.jpg.68ca35046b17616693d1194b92375fd2.jpg

I had to dig out an old photo from a few months back when I was having a lockdown clearout; if you look at the 4th and 5th from left, they're very common illuminated two-terminal switches by Lucas; ideal for fog lights or anything else that requires a warning light and they would have been used by Triumph on Heralds etc when optional extras were fitted.

The silver rectangular one beside them is not illuminated but can take a Triumph knob and bezel to match existing switches. Ebay is full of them, but if you see one online which you like let me know and I may have a match of it.

Thanks for the hints guys!

Here are a few I like. I don't mind if the "symbol" is wrong. I have ways around that. I like that the basic shape and size match what is in the MKIV:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Austin-Maxi-1800-Schalter-Heckscheibe/352968329528

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Vintage-Lucas-Fog-Light-Switch-for-classic-cars-Lucas-part-ref-33951A/143866510742

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Vintage-Lucas-Fog-Light-Switch-Classic-Cars/353034612611

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Vintage-Lucas-Rocker-On-Off-Light-Switch-Classic-Cars/373010620177

Like I said, I know that there is a "dome" light for the GT6 that is the same size as the regular light switch as well...