I produced a Classic Car Show. Your thoughts are most welcome...

avivalasvegas

Greetings all,

I was really hoping to get your thoughts on a Classic Car show our motley little crew produced. It's called New vs. Old and we managed to film 3 episodes before lockdown. 

Before anyone asks, yes a GT6 will be featured in an upcoming episode. I was hoping to gather feedback from this friendly group so if you could share:

A sentence describing what you liked (if any) and a sentence about what you disliked (if any). Please know we are not sponsored and lack a "Top Gear" production budget but will do our best to incorporate feedback where possible. Thanks in advance! 

• Like 1

it does make a refreshing change to see an and hear actual peoples feed back when driving ,no tyre smoking tear arsing stupid car stuff

really its what you want from a car review programme   no boy racer how fast can you go tyre smoking daft driving 

just decent wholesome experiences  

I rate it as brilliant   just await some Triumphs and more Peoples cars from Rootes  Rover BMC   etc  

none are  boring marques but good bread and butter reality 

Pete

• Like 1

12 hours ago, avivalasvegas said:

Greetings all,

I was really hoping to get your thoughts on a Classic Car show our motley little crew produced. It's called New vs. Old and we managed to film 3 episodes before lockdown. 

Always glad to see another classic show so well done - there was some old duffer wrote into the paper during the week complaining that he has to sit through endless antique, house buying and classic car shows on daytime TV... and I thought: great!

Only one criticism, though - why (and a few Classic magazines have done it too) must we always compare the MG, or the Spitfire, or any car from the 60s and 70s with a modern Mazda MX5? I know it's New Vs Old but there's no possible comparison other than a two seater sportscar. Styling, engineering and handling are all worlds apart and sometimes I feel that it just makes our cars look dated and inferior. It seems to me like trying to give the MX5 a retrospective classic status; the best little car of the sixties... except it only appeared thirty years later, and unlike cars like the Figaro it's not trying for the 60s retro look.

However - that's only my opinion, as a humble critic of something worthy! More, please.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words! If you liked it,  I hope you won't mind a humble request to subscribe and share with any relevant communities out there. Every little bit of it helps. 

Good comment on the Miata Colin, and we originally had the Fiat 124 spyder (new version) booked in. But the company cancelled the car the month before filming. Yes, its a reskinned Miata aka Fiata but it was slim pickings when it comes to equivalents leaving us with no other modern option. 

A refreshing new program, although i would prefer a look or repair of the oily bits as well :)  A shame Quentin Wilson rears his head..... Overall it is very watchable. One thing i did like was when two people were in the open cars they weren't shouting at each other, you must have a good sound engineer or it was dubbed in after. I like it.

Tony.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, JohnD said:

It always helps to say WHERE it will be shown

See link above in the first post. It will feature on the same channel (clicking New vs. Old should show you the new episode after it debuts).

For anyone wondering, the episode will feature a certain well known TSSC Forum Member. I'm not going to ruin the surprise just yet ;) 

2 hours ago, ed.h said:

Oh! Oh! Do a TR6!  Do a TR6!

If we manage to secure donations/ contributions via the links in the description, I believe a TR5 is definitely planned to take on an E type. Or a Jensen CV8.

13 hours ago, avivalasvegas said:

See link above in the first post. It will feature on the same channel (clicking New vs. Old should show you the new episode after it debuts).

For anyone wondering, the episode will feature a certain well known TSSC Forum Member. I'm not going to ruin the surprise just yet ;) 

If we manage to secure donations/ contributions via the links in the description, I believe a TR5 is definitely planned to take on an E type. Or a Jensen CV8.

The first posts links to a YouTube page.   But if you wnat to keep the transmisison channel a secret, fine!