Spare Wheel !

Greta

Hi Forum - my first post & not sure whether "wheels" belong in Suspension or Drive Train Topic areas so posting here in General! .

Spare Wheels: - If like me you've owned a few Triumphs over the years you've probably got a corner stack in your garage or shed with odd wheels. You know, that 3.5J Steel wheel that you discovered was the spare in the car you bought with Minilites! That set that came off when you thought wire wheels was a good idea. There must be hundreds of partial sets kicking around. Well, while tidying up and sorting through ( OMG some of my tyres are way too old ) I thought it would be fun to have a wheel mating service. Tinder for wheels - perhaps we could call it " Roller" "

"Single wide slot,  looking to meet others to make a foursome" ( early 3.5J .... before your imagination runs amok ) ... that sort of thing.

Why not dig deep beneath the spares and give that sad & lonely roller some much needed company!

Greta

Wolfrace 5.5J Wheel

Welcome Greta. Are you the same Greta as on another club's forum?

I have a mixed bag of wheels - a nicely refurbished 3.5J, two 4.5J Vitesse, and two pairs of PI, one pair refurbished, the other grotty. Oh, and a full set of GT6 Mk3 oval hole, but full sets aren't allowed here, are they?

On 22/02/2021 at 14:36, NonMember said:

Welcome Greta. Are you the same Greta as on another club's forum?

I have a mixed bag of wheels - a nicely refurbished 3.5J, two 4.5J Vitesse, and two pairs of PI, one pair refurbished, the other grotty. Oh, and a full set of GT6 Mk3 oval hole, but full sets aren't allowed here, are they?

Might your 4.5J Vitesse wheels be from a 1600 ??

8 hours ago, Greta said:

Might your 4.5J Vitesse wheels be from a 1600 ??

To be honest, I have no idea what they're from. They probably came with my Vitesse when I bought it, but it had alloys on at the time, and it's now got a set of wheels that came off a Mk2 Spitfire but had been swapped on from a 13/60 estate. My Spitfire now has wheels from my pile of that type, acquired from various sources (including that Herald) and the remaining two are just what was left.

• 1 month later...
On 24/02/2021 at 08:52, NonMember said:

To be honest, I have no idea what they're from. They probably came with my Vitesse when I bought it, but it had alloys on at the time, and it's now got a set of wheels that came off a Mk2 Spitfire but had been swapped on from a 13/60 estate. My Spitfire now has wheels from my pile of that type, acquired from various sources (including that Herald) and the remaining two are just what was left.

Could you take a picture & forward please.