What spares do you carry

Paul H

honestly I normally carry the exact spares that I don't need only time I had a problem in the last few years was on the way back from Duxford in the rain, boot with loads of spares but wiper motor failed, didn't have one of those of course. I did manage to drive home though. Most classic insurance comes with breakdown anyway

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Yes, you hired the entire box as a precaution; if you needed anything, you used it then paid for the parts you had used when you returned the rest. Sort of a mini-bar type thing.

Does that one have the roll-up plastic windscreen?

No there was no screen Colin, not enough room in the box and not listed in the contents. I have never seen anything like it. I have only seen them for the big six's though.

Tony.

really..............drive   smile      sleep easy   dont worry  

whatever happend   happens   ,  why not add a Torch  , clean shirt and a pac a mac  as anything will always be in the dark and wet in your best gear 

then a phone for  recovery 

and home james 

in 56 years of motoring i have need recovery twice   one when a guy turned across us at the lights and 2nd in the Vit6 when the front diff frame bolt locked the prop up ( in best clothes )

Im amazed we have guys with a boot and back seat loaded with stuff they could never use or twiddle on the roadside heck knows the weight wrecks any performance or MPG   wheres the fun............its gone  ?????????

Pete

Ha   i forgot back in the 60s with my souped up side valve Minx it used to shread diffs  but forgot one day out for family picnic at Butlers Cross

(Chequers territory) a turn off the road and roar away Bang .......... sheared the OS drive half shaft right at the hub so off came wheel drum etc

Dad went home   (25miles) as we had a spare , managed to pull the failed shaft out and refitted / bleed bakes and back on the road in 2 hours included a delivery of hot coffee in a flask brought from Luton

but i would not  have had a spare in the boot 

Pete