Jump to content

Triumph and Mg show Malvern county show ground 13th-15th August 2021


Recommended Posts

This is great news - Classic car clubs need to get together!

But the impetus for MG's invitation has been because the "roadmap" made their MG Live! event impossible.        That is usually a massive meeting, 4000 cars would go to Silverstone, so Triumph will have to up their game or they will be lost in a sea of MGs!  What can be done?

MG has a rightful pride in their sporting heritage, and the Silverstone event includes actual racing (wow!) which won't be possible at Malvern, plus displays of the MG legends of motorsport, which go back long before WW2.    Triumph has a similar heritage so could Triumph do the same, in a display that includes the Pre-WW2 stars of Triumph history from the TR and Herald range of post war icons, rally as well as racing, up to the Triumphs racing today?   

Would the TSSC give its support, with TRR and I would hope the other Triumph clubs, to such a display?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JohnD said:

 Triumph will have to up their game or they will be lost in a sea of MGs!  What can be done?

Could be worse, could be a sea of MX5s... :)

It's a fact that with rising costs we have to get together where one Club alone could once have had an event, now we need two or three combined to make it financially worthwhile. All we can do is to reap the benefits, support the traders who attend, find whatever common ground there is between the different Marques and enjoy that, and be thankful we can once again have shows. If those dates are confirmed I'll be planning for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And, with luck, get to share Silverstone with the MGs another year -AND GO RACING!

Silverstone is enormous, there's more than enough room for the MGs and Triumph.     The only problem would be persuade them to give us a Triumph race!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Any more News / updates on this event, or is it all going ahead smoothly? I've booked accommodation for two nights in the middle of a three day trip down and a three day trip back home again, so am hoping things will be closer to normal by August.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 25/02/2021 at 12:10, Colin Lindsay said:

Could be worse, could be a sea of MX5s... :)

It's a fact that with rising costs we have to get together where one Club alone could once have had an event, now we need two or three combined to make it financially worthwhile. All we can do is to reap the benefits, support the traders who attend, find whatever common ground there is between the different Marques and enjoy that, and be thankful we can once again have shows. If those dates are confirmed I'll be planning for it.

Hmm- Maybe I'll  take the MX5 this year. No honestly it will be the TR7 this year and yes I have already booked. Colin it will be a sea of MGB's, having said that I do like the MGBGT.

Dave  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dave.vitesse said:

Hmm- Maybe I'll  take the MX5 this year. No honestly it will be the TR7 this year and yes I have already booked. Colin it will be a sea of MGB's, having said that I do like the MGBGT.

Dave  

I was ready to cancel then I realised you said sea of MGBs, not MX5s... I could save the ferry fare and just sit in Tesco's car park in that case... :)

Tescos have items on their clearance shelves older than some MX5s you see at shows.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...