Just lost my brake lights, fuel and temperature gauges and indicators...

avivalasvegas

looking in my work shop manual wiring diagram which although for a Vitesse is probably pretty similar theres a fuse (right hand one of the two in the fuse box?) that supplies those items. The feed to that fuse also supplies the coil and its possible that when the fault occurred it pulled the voltage down temporarily and caused the misfiring you experienced. The engine should still run now even with the blown fuse unless something more serious has happened....

1 hour ago, johny said:

looking in my work shop manual wiring diagram which although for a Vitesse is probably pretty similar theres a fuse (right hand one of the two in the fuse box?) that supplies those items. The feed to that fuse also supplies the coil and its possible that when the fault occurred it pulled the voltage down temporarily and caused the misfiring you experienced. The engine should still run now even with the blown fuse unless something more serious has happened....

It runs but does misfire when throttle is applied. I'll check the fuses you mention and try again. Will report back.

ignition white wires are not normally fused 

the fuse box is the culprit of many electric hic ups  

the blades supply various circuits  and the metal fuse cap connects the two blades to make the circuit ,they are notorious for being loose fits corroded etc  

so clean up and a little tweak to make the end caps bridge the blades that hold the fuse .

Pete

now you see why many replace this nasty with a modern fuse unit .

That's the "green" fuse (all the wires that come off it are green) and it gets it's feed from the ignition switch. The manual says it's the middle fuse, but that's not always the case, certainly not on mine! The ignition switch connection is the same one that supplies the ballast wire or resistor (If you have one).  If the fuse is blown you will also have lost your wipers and heater motor. If not it will be loose blades as Pete says.

Doug

• Thanks 1