Welded Miss

SixasStandard

I'm currently sitting down with a cup of coffee and a slice of coffee and walnut cake in a vain attempt to calm down after returning from the weekly shop to Lidl with the Missus.  My Parweld welding helmet packed up a few days ago (failure of the auto dim cartridge.......out of warranty of course), so I decided to go better quality this time and ordered a Lincoln Electric Viking 1740 for 140 quid (turned up promptly this morning........nice bit of kit). So what did Lidl have as a special offer in their 'Lidle in the middle' section? ........CORRECT.......bloody auto dimming welding helmets, German made, 2 year warranty, all for 40 quid!!!....aaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh.

Ian

Aldi and Lidl are always worth checking out for tools. Only thing you can guarantee is... yes, you guessed it, what you want comes up just after you have bought one. Except, in the case of battery chargers last year, or was it the year before. I needed one urgently and called in Aldi. Couldn't believe it.... came out with two. About 14 quid each, brilliant kit. Posh brand look a like.