2021 Twiddle Day ???

Pete Lewis

I have in the past before lockdowns done a few Twiddle Days at Club HQ these are aimed at 

day to day twiddles and fixes ,with  a hands on How To  experience ,

normally revolves around carbs timing tappets oils and any questions

no idea how we get this off the ground this year

but when summer and freedom arrives we will look at doing  another day of giving your car a good talking too

let me know  if you are interested so we can start a plan 

bear in mind HQ is in Lubenham   LE16 9TF   map  https://goo.gl/maps/e3dju6WdFi5NPCgZ8

thanks 

Pete

What about a virtual twiddle day? I would be great for everyone to be able to join in via the internet and ask questions remotely. Probably to much hassel to set up and run, but should be great for all. (Already on my way out of the door...didn't even bother to get me coat!!!)

Are they on the 'other website,??

Seriously, and I mentioned this here some years back, it would be great for the club to produce a set of 'how to' videos covering some of the 'basics' that some of us find a little daunting. Things which cross all models like tappets, carb setting, trunion oiling and timing, even just general servicing. What I would class as useful (twiddle day type) stuff that would help members, especially newbies. I know that there is a lot of stuff on yootoob, but something triumph specific would be good.

This yank has a selection which I have found useful, some of it even meets UK health and safety!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hWLKNPQ4ROM

Garth Ray and myself started to make a diy home video but the time it needs to pull anything constructive together would just take far too long to produce

with garth running the shop and us two on a 120 mile round trip every day for what could be months just didnt stack up with the love of Triumph ...it faded

as doug mentioned i have been shoved into making truck factory videos on a shoestring including using kids plastic alphabet pulled across the table to make 

rolling titles  ....and it was a deflection from the normal job   eg  how to send staff to sleep  !!!! when youve had no training in presentation 

2 hours ago, Badwolf said:

I know that there is a lot of stuff on yootoob, but something triumph specific would be good.

This yank has a selection which I have found useful, some of it even meets UK health and safety!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hWLKNPQ4ROM

There was a VHS video circulating years back on Spitfire maintenance, I bought one from the Club (lent it to a mate and I presume he still has it, almost thirty years on....)

It was two hours long and sadly, it felt like it. Not quite Wheeler Dealers...

There was also a TSSC video library run by Steve Love.

Some YouTube quick how Too's. No more than 5 mins each? As for twiddle day, I would welcome someone giving my 2500s or 1.7 spit a quick blast and suggesting some adjustments to improve. With all of last year I need some new direction,  the only highlight was being able to drive out to duxford. 

if freedom allows there's a idea of sometime in july

but its all in the air  and until we have clear space I only pencil things in there is no point in putting lots of effort into something to cancel.

when we have some clear clues possible will turn to actual  and all cylinders firing  up quickly 

on the day if someone wants film it thats ok with me but 2mtrs may hamper the whole idea 

Pete

The danger is that we all stay at home and watch it on zoom... lockdown or not. Sadly too far for me for a couple of hours but would love to watch and learn. Carb setting, tappets, timing, toe in/out general servicing and other stuff which is a black art to me but so straight forward to so many.

Mark is an excellent photographer.. you could do a lot worse.