Maxxis Tyres

Paulfc

Hi,

Has anyone personal experience of Maxxis tyres? I’m not wanting to to purchase premium tyres as I don’t do the mileage to justify it. However, I do want reasonable quality vs price. Comments on any personal experience will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks Colin,

I had a good look around before posting. I’ve seen mixed reviews on the other forum but always like to hear what those on the ‘best forum’ have to say before committing.

• Like 1

Maxxis  they have been around for a good few years , not heard anything bad , and youre right to look at "budget tyres " or 2nd line makes  as paying for lets say more superior makes 

will age demise well before wear or performance has been fully used up so its makes £££s of sense 

Pete

• Like 1

I've used Maxxis tyres on 3 cars of mine and 2 belonging to 'er indoors now and haven't had any problems at all. Grip, noise, balance and wear rates are excellent. There's also a free puncture repair deal with them too.

I do enjoy, err, spirited driving...

• 2 weeks later...

Just to round the topic off, bought four Maxxis 165/80/15 tyres. I took the wheels off the TR and took them to the fitter (just couldn’t trust them to lift it sensibly) and paid £232 fitted, balanced, disposal fee and VAT. The final job, the balancing, was done by the apprentice who, as he wheeled them out to me, said, “We don’t usually bother balancing wheels for trailers”!

• Haha 7

53 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

did he end up in casualty ???? 

think that renders a bloody nose a  acceptable response  Ha !

Pete

Hi Pete,

No, I exercised enormous restraint and educated him instead 😇.