Seat belt stowage hook. GT6 Mk3

chrishawley

Having refitted the interior of the GT6 I find I am missing the seat belt stowage hooks. Nope, nothing left in the box of bits that was the car when it came to me. 

Could any kind soul send me a a photo of some so I know what they are supposed to look like and where exactly they mount?

I don't imagine that finding any proper ones will be easy so any suggestions on good enough 'lookalikes' would be greatly welcomed.

All help much appreciated as ever.

Cheers

C

Chris,

Did you change the seat belts? When I fitted inertia reels there was no way the belts would hang on the old hooks, so I got something else off EBay. Sadly the old hooks are gone else you could have them, but I’ll see if I can find a link for the new ones.

Doug

Thanks.

Being a very early Mk3 it has static belts and I'm the proud owner of a NOS set (719913) ready to fit. So something to hang them off is a bit of a necessity. Stag ones look like a useful substitute. For £11 nothing too loose by giving them a go.

Cheers

C

Chris,

All the MK3s had static belts even my late one. :) The problem is the ignition switch is on the column and you stall, you can't reach it without undoing the belt. Inertia reals are essential. 

However, I'm grateful you asked the question because I looked for what I bought, saw the Stag ones and ordered a set. So thanks for the question!

Doug

I have been looking for the type where you push the self belt clip into a spring loaded retainer (zkc1550Canleys), since I fitted my inertias. They are very rare. Saw some mentioned on here last year, I think. When I investigated the seller had 3d printed the plastic shell but it had no innards. I also found this reference https://www.kilburn.ch/node/6. Another on fleabay had been repaired (glued back together) and the seller was asking silly money with no guarantee that it would stay in one piece. I even got some modern seat beat extender clip things to experiment with but no joy. The search continues.