Spitfire wheels on a 13/60 cv??

Jeffds1360

What will it look like? I'm no good at photo shop thingies. I think they are 'peperpot' ? Holes all round outside and no hub caps. 4 of them on Ebay for 15 quid. 4.5j too. Unfortunately 50 quid postage!

Im only looing as you lot reckon I need wider wheels for my new tyres :)

ends in an hour or two

• Jeffds1360 changed the title to Spitfire wheels on a 13/60 cv??
27 minutes ago, Jeffds1360 said:

What will it look like? I'm no good at photo shop thingies. I think they are 'peperpot' ? Holes all round outside and no hub caps. 4 of them on Ebay for 15 quid. 4.5j too. Unfortunately 50 quid postage!

Im only looing as you lot reckon I need wider wheels for my new tyres :)

ends in an hour or two

Hello

Will this help?

Roger

DSC01636.JPG

DSC01630.JPG

Oooooh that's pretty....

Too big for my new tyres :)

That is very kind Clive.

I have not decided yet but if I do go for them, I would like to take yours as couriers only charge about 30 for bare wheels. The guy on Ebay wants rid of the tyres too and is asking 50 postage.

Just had to buy a new coil  pack for my 'modern' so counting pennies!

I shall PM you if I go down that route. Thanks again for the offer. 

19 minutes ago, clive said:

I have a set of 4 here you are welcome to have. I can take the tyres off, you can arrange collection etc?

Of course, you could spend more and get a set of these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Herald-5-5x13-Classic-Smoothie-wheel-x4-New-Silver/133555192429?hash=item1f1882826d:g:Fo8AAOSwluVfktsK

As we say up here in Yorkshire "How!! Mucking Fuch"!!. I don`t think so somehow.....

Pete

The cost of "originallity" Eh!?. I reckon a nice suite of Miniltes would be cheaper?. I do have a full set of O/E chromed Hubcaps which came with the "Kit of Parts" AKA the 13/60. Or at least I have counted 3!. maybe 4?. Now my curiousity will have me raking through the shed to check!!. At those prices the hub caps would fund a set of alloys!.

Pete

2 minutes ago, PeteH said:

The cost of "originallity" Eh!?. I reckon a nice suite of Miniltes would be cheaper?. I do have a full set of O/E chromed Hubcaps which came with the "Kit of Parts" AKA the 13/60. Or at least I have counted 3!. maybe 4?. Now my curiousity will have me raking through the shed to check!!. At those prices the hub caps would fund a set of alloys!.

Pete

Minilights would be cheaper, but never as rare or desirable. Or as good looking.

Really good chrome hubcaps have some value (seems to vary considerably according to condition and who is buying) std sized herald/vitesse wheels actually have some value, the 4.5 more so. Years ago I threw loads away. But then lp923 were £50 a set.....

2 minutes ago, Dick Twitchen said:

Not me!

It`s weird. I`m getting allsorts of strange happenings recently. Yesterday it came up with a server error. 20 min later back on line. Posts disapear and then re-apear occasionally too. This am. I get 2 posts duplicated, now it`s gone!.

7 minutes ago, clive said:

Minilights would be cheaper, but never as rare or desirable. Or as good looking.

It`s a personal thing I guess. I rather like alloys, polished and laquered, The Stag one`s look cracking in my opinion, but obviously would not fit a small chassis car. I don`t think "originality" is exactly going to be a big feature in my case. I`ve already fitted PAS!, as a sop to increasing Arthritis, along with a set of MX-5 Seats, and Inertia Belts. None of which are remotely original, and have a remote Powerstop lined up for the Brake system.

Pete

32 minutes ago, PeteH said:

I`ve already fitted PAS!,

Pete

Do tell more. I am looking into it for a dolomite. I have seen "fitted" options at around 1k all in, but it appears most use a corsa column and a controller. Which is a total of £100 or so..... so interested in how it works.

I have friven a 2.5 spitfire with PAS, but the chap had it set to max assistance at all times. Great for parking, but it felt so light and fluffy at speed. I want something that switches off at 10mph (or whatever)

A friend has fitted electric PAS on his 68 Series 2 E type a Bolt on fitment which only required removal and replacement of the top shaft it was ex Belgium or France and has variable input don’t know how he achieved the low cost of around $1k Aus, excl postage really nice to drive. But I have trouble with E type leg room Spitfire is better!

10 minutes ago, Jeffds1360 said:

:(.... swap my 3.5 anyone??... in fact I'd swap my car for another 13/60 cv, or vitesse cv  that needs some work....?????

Might be an idea for a Members-only thread... a Swap Shop... or maybe open to all... I'm finding it harder to climb in and out of the GT6 and was hankering after a good Vitesse convertible, but can't be bothered with all the faffing of searching and selling with unknown cars and unknown sellers. I know there are owners who would like to try other Triumphs - with all the good cars we have in the club, is there an opening for swaps / slight cash adjustments either way for cars of similar values? Or does that encroach on the small-ads?

• Like 1