Sealed Beam Headlights

Steve P

4 minutes ago, Steve P said:

Anyone know where i can get a pair for a Vitesse?,it`s the outside pair with the 3 pin connector,60/50 watt.

All i can find is halogen conversions which i don`t want to do.

Steve

Pretty sure I’ve got a pair , I’ll dig them out and send a pic 

Paul 

2 pin is main only   the three pin does main and dip ,has two filaments 

just been out and covid brain  (without covid)  seems i only have mains ,must have passed the dip units on but 

senior moments have forgotten

the mains are 75watt 

sorry  Bum steer on the two outers 

I put halogens on my Vit6 and had all 4 on dip ( not legal but never got spoted on MOT as they only checked outer  /inners   not both at the same time 

Have crystals in the 2000

what ever  fit relays and get 12v to the pointed end makes any glow worms brighten up

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

2 pin is main only   the three pin does main and dip ,has two filaments 

just been out and covid brain  (without covid)  seems i only have mains ,must have passed the dip units on but 

senior moments have forgotten

the mains are 75watt 

sorry  Bum steer on the two outers 

I put halogens on my Vit6 and had all 4 on dip ( not legal but never got spoted on MOT as they only checked outer  /inners   not both at the same time 

Have crystals in the 2000

what ever  fit relays and get 12v to the pointed end makes any glow worms brighten up

Pete

Ive done the same modification on my Vitesse with all 4 lights on dip , I have an inline fuse which is removed for MOT which reverts to outers only on dip 

Paul 

nb the added relays make the world of difference 

That reminds me, I think I have the headlights from my 13/60 in a box. As part of the purchase deal I got the seller to fit halogens. Not because I wanted halogens  but of course I needed LHD versions (car is RHD) Don't even know if they work. NOTE TO SELF: dig them out and test them just to see. . .

• 1 month later...