Dashboard crash pads and covers.

haggis

Hello again. Can anyone confirm if all dash top ( crash pads’) are the same? What I’m looking to find out if the one I have is correct for the car, I have a Gt6 mk1 with a recess around the ashtray, but from pictures I’ve seen that’s a later spitfire one, there are various part nos just no idea what I’ve got, are they all interchangeable? 
On the one I’ve removed the air vents didn’t line up with the slots, so couldn’t get anything delisting out of it, and the ashtray is in like a chisel indent🤷‍♂️

thanks again

hag 

No they are not interchangeable.  Mk2 & 3 completely different.  The Mk 3 had a bevelled rear edge along its length (as spit 4, 1500).  Later Mk1 were as the mk2 but early mk1 were different.

One I purchased for my mk2 looked identical to my original but like you found, the demist slots didn’t align.  In fact the caps did not cover the holes properly.  I discovered this after I covered it off the car.  In this case it was because the foam moulding was set slightly differently around the slots.  The metal frame was identical.  I’m not sure if this is the difference between early mk1 and later mk1 But in the pic in the parts manual they look completely different! 

Note that the mk3 spit dash top is not interchangeable with a mk2 GT6 either.

9 minutes ago, rulloyd said:

No they are not interchangeable.  Mk2 & 3 completely different.  The Mk 3 had a bevelled rear edge along its length (as spit 4, 1500).  Later Mk1 were as the mk2 but early mk1 were different.

One I purchased for my mk2 looked identical to my original but like you found, the demist slots didn’t align.  In fact the caps did not cover the holes properly.  I discovered this after I covered it off the car.  In this case it was because the foam moulding was set slightly differently around the slots.  The metal frame was identical.  I’m not sure if this is the difference between early mk1 and later mk1 But in the pic in the parts manual they look completely different! 

Note that the mk3 spit dash top is not interchangeable with a mk2 GT6 either.

Pic 1 early mk1.  Pic 2 later mk1 & mk2

A4B717CB-797E-41FF-B31E-5D93BF5B36C3.jpeg

59A28C7A-3874-4264-B1F1-F9E89E915C69.jpeg

Thanks dick and rulloyd, glad to hear dick has the indented wedge, that gives me some confidence I have the right one fitted. I saw those diagrams on the canley website so thought I possibly had the wrong one. 
I’ll get re-covering then. 
thanks hag