Stainless braided hose - or attempting to get the clutch working properly 🤔 then doing it twice cos you got it wrong in the first place!

Mathew

5 minutes ago, thescrapman said:

I am not sure about the extra holes either.

most odd.

Im sure they have screw threads , maybe used as jacking. More worried about the line? Do i need another flywheel, and if i do where can i get one, like this week!

16 minutes ago, thescrapman said:

I might have a spare 2.5 flywheel about.

let me know if you don't get anywhere

Do you know the part number? Thought i had a parts manual but as usual cant find it when you need it, where abouts are you if needed?

its as if someone has used a smaller clutch cover , are they tapped holes

very odd   there is no dowel holes to suit and all 2ltr 2.5ltr use the same 8,5 " clutch regardless of model  the disc facing  may change but not the diameter 

nothing to do with it being ex  auto  as thats only 4 holes for the drive plate 

dont like the crack can you see how deep it goes , 

ive seen truck flywheels fracture and they came out via the cab floor   nasty things 

think a replacement might be on the search before refitting the box 

are the other three holes for oil /dust flinging or what , 

and mkII  flywheel has to suit the length of the crank , a mk1 wont give the correct clutch offset  etc,

as there s short or long back cranks with  wheel to suit   

Christ witor has some lightened ones but £££s

Pete

25 minutes ago, thescrapman said:

I am Colchester, and Ipswich for work during the day.

Fingers crossed a local supplier has one, they said it it will need to be refaced and perhaps a new ring gear which they can supply.  Have to take the old one to check, as there are too different types!

It looks like mine could have been an auto one! Looking at the engine number, its the correct MM but after the number HEA denotes type 65 auto. I don't think this car was converted, so probably a replacement engine somewhere along the line? And they used the auto flywheel.

49 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

dont reckon auto as   both type35 and 65 have a flexi plate it only has 4  equi spaced holes  which doesnt compute into 6 hole spacing like on your flywheel    (think thats right )

all a bit odd   

Indeed 

Taken some time to strip out the final bits, a good clean and new seals to fit.20210408_162847.thumb.jpg.da12520df1e74d671f0525285f310a38.jpg

20210408_165054.thumb.jpg.e3a5374a622ff26cb786386fbe224394.jpg

The shaft and bushes have no detectable wear . There does not appear to be a spigot bush in place! Tomorrow i will be collecting the bits to complete.  Should i take back the shaft and bushes or keep as spare?

36 minutes ago, Mathew said:

getting out of gear, stiffness. 

thats a common problem with clutch drag

did it disengage ok engine Off /??

as that proves the clutch is dragging 

on refitting the box when its nearly on but wont go fully i use a odd  bit of wood in the gap to the back plate as

a rough gap gauge it makes a easy visual that you are parallel   II   and not  I \--  then she slips on easy 

pete

Just now, Pete Lewis said:

well new flywheel and new clutch and operating shaft dowel you look to on a winner 

take care its twice as heavy &  ungainly going back than gravity helping it out 

Pete

Yea, i made a mistake taking out. I had the jack in the wrong position and had to use my padded seat as a staged rest!

2 hours ago, Mathew said:

Taken some time to strip out the final bits, a good clean and new seals to fit.20210408_162847.thumb.jpg.da12520df1e74d671f0525285f310a38.jpg

20210408_165054.thumb.jpg.e3a5374a622ff26cb786386fbe224394.jpg

The shaft and bushes have no detectable wear . There does not appear to be a spigot bush in place! Tomorrow i will be collecting the bits to complete.  Should i take back the shaft and bushes or keep as spare?

Fit the new pin, and the new shaft bearings in addition to existing ones. Also replace fork end square bearings.

take shaft back.

Spigot bush is in flywheel, not crank. Did it fall on floor as flywheel came off?