Census

thescrapman

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Me neither. No questions on cars on ours at all.

Well yes, it's all carts and ponies in NI, isn't it? :lol:

Mine enquired about cars, I wondered about not owning up to two, it screws their stats about the affluent South. A Triumph is a work of art, not a car.

Doug

9 hours ago, Chris A said:

Around here we get cars parked that badly, a look at the number plate usually  confirms our prejudice - Parisian. 🗼

One gets the susipcion it was not deliberately "parked" badly.

Where we live it`s the "clients" for the Doctors and Pharmacy, who park anywhere, so long as they don`t have to walk more than absolute minimum. The size of many of them would suggest that a longer walk (maybe about 20 miles?) might do them more good?. I have seen them Double parked on the corner of the Road. With the school entrance only another 100? yards then mayhem is not the word to describe it!. Then there is the Spanish System?. It comprises putting the "4 ways" on, which makes you invisible when triple parked!.

Pete

1 hour ago, PeteH said:

It comprises putting the "4 ways" on, which makes you invisible when triple parked!.

Pete

Before we left Britain I had the impression that no matter how badly a car was parked putting the hazard lights on made everything OK.

The new 'game' is parking a fossil fuel powered car in a bay reserved for charging an electric one. In my local town i was actually amazed a couple of weeks ago when it was an electric car in one of the bays. The bays need to be better marked, ok so there is the plug in point and a sign but they bay and signs need to be much more visible, or get electric cars off the roads . . . . 😁

Contentious question coming up.

When you refer to the integrity of (say) a police officer they can be referred to as 'bent' or 'straight' especially in popular fiction, one being the opposite of the other. So, in this enlightened day and age why did a census question on sexually use the word 'straight' when there is no way that the opposite term would be used today. Is it just me being sensitive or did someone not understand the implications?