Car cover

Adrian

I am constantly amazed at just what the average Horticultural "polytunnel" with withstand, especially if it is oriented side on to the prevaliing windage. We have a large number local to us in a huge Market Garden. And they seen to have lasted for years.

Pete

I have a 76 Dolly Sprint that is kept outside on the front drive, for 5 years now I've used a fully waterproof poly/vinyl fleece lined Autotechnica car covers (medium saloon size), cost around $160. It is elasticated around the bottom with 2 straps that go under the car.

The car paint is 2 part epoxy so very hard and has shown no damage with the rubbing from the wind movement, the fleece lining hasn't rubbed thro either even tho it does balloon up off the car a lot, the biggest draw back is the UV down here in Aus it wrecks the top of the cover in a year plus 1 day ie just out of warranty, but $160 per annum is cheap protection.

Condensation isn't a problem ever in wet winter conditions, there are 4 air inlets in the sides near the top of the side windows. This is southern Australia so continuous damp conditions aren't encountered often & even then I put my hand thro the air vents to check the roof and there's no condensation on the cars vinyl roof. The silver poly/vinyl cover seems to protect the paintwork and cars vinyl roof from the baking summer sun, albeit the cover fails in JUST over a year!