My GT6 Mk2 - on the Road!!!

Yaaay.  My car 99.9% finished.  Been out driving for the first time in nearly 20 years.  37 years of ownership, literally my baby!  You can imaging the ear to ear smile on my face  😁   Absolutely loving it, driving really well - better than I remember!     Thanks so much to my good mate Pete Dunne (AKA Jade Muttley) who took a completely knackered GT6 shell a brought it back to as good as new.  Although I pride myself in having rebuilt the car twice before myself, my standard was 100% off his, hence the ground up rebuild.  Some of you may have followed the rebuild on youtube.

This build has included a chassis replacement, engine recondition and a LOT of new parts.  The car now has leather seats (recovered by an upholsterer mate).  I also covered the dash pad in leather and most other vinyl parts including the rear panels (which all looks and smells amazing).  My beautiful little car looks absolutely stunning and drives amazingly.  I AM SO HAPPY for me AND my Car!!!

Thanks to all the advice the forum have given me - all very valuable and highly appreciated.  I still have a few jobs to do but none too important.  THANK YOU!

BTW, the SAH rocket cover I bought new 30 years ago.  The rear seat I extracted from a Triumph breakers also around 30 years ago. Good investments in hindsight!

Rich

Some pics.

GT6 Mk2 1.jpg

GT6 Mk2 2.jpg

GT6 Mk2 3.jpg

GT6 Mk2 4.jpg

GT6 Mk2 5.jpg

GT6 Mk2 6.jpg

• Like 6

My garage is big enough for four cars. It holds two cars, fridge freezer, two other chest (don't go there!!!) freezers, washer, dryer, sink, cupboards, shelves, a five foot square workbench (covered in boxes of spares), rolling tool cabinet and a picture framing guillotine. No wonder there is no space. Maybe a new thread for 'what's in your garage', or has that already been done?

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Stunning car, better then new, saw the restoration on Youtube as it was shown by Jade (Pete), high class restoration in every way, this is a jewel...  By the way, what happened to the site of Jade, thousands of people followed Jade but his video's vanished and nothing is posted anymore, without leaving any information, as he is one of your friends, can you advise?  I learned a lot from him and I know he is missed by a lot of people...  Thanks  Henk

Hi Henk.  Thank you.  

WRT  Pete, it’s complicated!  But basically he decided he didn’t want anything more to do with YouTube or videos so pulled everything.  He’s still very busy (you can see his latest handiwork via Peter Jones Garage (different Peter) on TSSC Facebook page) but he is very unlikely to post anymore video unfortunately.   Peter Jones has numerous Triumphs of his own and is keeping Pete busy but it’s only ever been a hobby for Pete (JadeMutly).

I’ll let him know you asked after him 👍

Rich

Hi Rich, thank you very much for informing me what happened to Pete, glad he is in good health and still working on Triumphs, and please tell him he is very much missed by numerous people on Youtube, I know some comments are misplaced and hurting and yes who knows everything better then the criticasts themselves but you can not imagine what I've learned from him, look at your own GT6 how it came back from the dead and is now enyoing it's new life and pleasing you too...I know when a car is in the hands of Pete it is blessed...  Maybe one day I'll come to a TSSC meeting and get in touch with him in real life...  If I ever would buy a Triumph it would be from him and no one else, I too have a few cars awaiting restoration and will be starting on a Mark 1 Spitfire after the winter, and believe me I learned already a lot by watching Pete, I admire his skills and calmness...  Say greets to him and whish him the best of all!  Thanks again Henk