Introducing myself to this forum, first time classic restoration, and just about to buy LHD US import (dry state) GT6+ (Mk2) - (Gulp!!). Anyone on the Forum willing to have a chat with me, before I part with cash, just to make sure I'm not being a complete idiot!! - TIA

Wadya wanna know Martin? :lol: 

Looks like we may be getting back to area meetings shortly. There's  a TSSC East Sussex Area who meet in Isfield near you I think? Details under "Areas" on the front of the site. Good idea to get a member check out the car. Maybe phone the Area Organiser, Ian Gordon. And you don't have to be a TSSC member.  

I would hope  a USA import would be rust free, rust is the enemy!  But depends where it's been all it's life, Arazona would be good. On the down side the steering wheel is in the wrong place. TR6s are easier to convert because the battery compartment is in the middle, but on the GT6 it has to move to the other side, welding required. But you may not worried about LHD, or welding! 

Doug

so the steering wheel and pedals are on the wrong side 

and you think we know how to solve it 

the only cranks around here are in the engine 

ask away , some one somewhere will have all the clues you need 

we didnt ask what the asking price was but there are insurance valuation clues  to down load on the main club web page

https://www.tssc.org.uk/tssc/about.asp  which may keep you sane ??

area meets as  Doug sugests  .   when we are able 

https://www.tssc.org.uk/tssc/areas_google.asp

the club shop is far from easy to navigate  and you need to be a member and logged in ( being a different log in to the forum) 

to see correct member prices 

Pete

10 hours ago, MartinGT6 said:

Introducing myself to this forum, first time classic restoration, and just about to buy LHD US import (dry state) GT6+ (Mk2) - (Gulp!!). Anyone on the Forum willing to have a chat with me, before I part with cash, just to make sure I'm not being a complete idiot!! - TIA

I assume, the vehicle is already IN the UK?. Dry states are good as far as corrsion, or the lack thereoff, is concerned, The drawback being lots of the "rubber" degrades in excessive heat! ( I self imported a 1984 R-V (motorhome) in 1997, from North Carolina). LHD is not the big issue, you learn to cope, quickly. You have the advantage that the origin is UK.

Wellcome to the world of "Triumph fettling".

Pete