Hot weather causing vapourisation?

daverclasper

1 hour ago, daverclasper said:

Interested in this one, as I was thinking of slitting fuel hose down the length and wrapping the metal pipe?. What did he use?.

He used some special pipe thermal insulation. Silvery stuff. Probably better than rubber hose, but I expect more expensive.

We had a Series 3 fuel injected XJ6 in the early to mid 80's which had a novel solution to vaporization the fuel pipe in the engine bay ran thro a steel tube which also had the air conditioning insulated but still cold pipe located in it, obviously cooled the fuel down!

On 30/03/2021 at 20:18, Pete Lewis said:

make sure your mixture is not on the rich side of OK     lean it a bit may help

Have leaned off half a flat on each carb

On 31/03/2021 at 08:34, Pete Lewis said:

i would start by leaning it to best running and lean to drop 50 rpm so youre on the lean end of best 

Funnily enough after leaning, (did this before using car) the idle had increased a bit, should this be so, or maybe not connected?

So fan moving a bit faster. 

Was driving yesterday, not as hot weather and not as much slow traffic, though seemed fine. Fired up straightaway after supermarket sesh.

See how it goes.

Edited by daverclasper

if adjusting the mixture raised the idle speed then the mixture was not at its best , probably a tad rich and thats one good cause of poor hot running 

forget colour tunes use the ears and eyes    set to best of everything and then just a touch to be on the lean side of just right 

if it plays up richen by a small amount 

Pete

• 2 weeks later...