Rough Running

jamesdennison

Yes back off 1/2turn then retorque this just removes the sticktion of the nut or you wont achieve much

does the workshop manual recommend a retorque ? Its not a bad idea but black gaskets dont collapse

like a copper composite might

If the nuts are a black oiled finish and a little deeper than a std nut you should have no trouble

re nipping the nuts

pete

I think its great how TSSC all get together and help out fellow members.  Ive learnt so much from reading all your posts and hope that all goes well James in regards to the effort you have all put in.

Regards

Rich

Odd tip if you ever get stuck for the hard deep oiled v rated nuts you can use a wheel nut upsidedown

wont fit everwhere and can be cheaper form mini spares if you get stuck

bear in mind the head 3/8"studs take up to 46 lb ft

a std hard fixing 3/8" unf bolt takes 29-31 lbft hence they strip easy if used on the wrong application

Manual say 65 lb/ft for mk2 2000 head Pete.

I've had to delay a couple of days while my daily driver is getting sorted.  The last thing I want is to hit a problem and have 2 cars that don't work ..... been there done that!

Seems to be running well.  Definitely feeling "looser" after a few miles.

Bit of a leak from the front of the sump where the wooden blocks go.  I am hoping these will swell with time and fix the leak, but that is probably wishful thinking.

I did buy a replacement "bridge" but it didn't fit so ended up helicoiling the old one.  Sump bolts are all at correct torque and I've resisted the temptation to overtighten as I know that is a common problem.