Gt6 mk2 Boot Boards

Mark B

Hi all

Owned my mk2 gt6 for about 18 years, somewhere along the line, or possibly it came with the car, I have an extra board that is shaped, I believe,  to cover the area where an occasional seat back would usually fold flat when not in use, and to extend the load area. This board would have the same effect, by covering the area behind the front seats. I was wondering how it would have originally fitted.  Presumably there would be brackets attached to the inner wheel wells for the board to sit on. Any one got one fitted? 

Thanks

The GT6 MK1 (not sure about the Mk2) had the load area extended right up to the back of the seats, so that there was a 'cubby-hole' covered area for storage. There are two small triangular brackets, not shown in the diagram, flat side to the top, on each wheelarch and a central support part 2 below on top of the centre tunnel. A long angled trim part 1 runs the entire length at the front. The wooden panel rests on top of the raised tunnel across the rear, where the two larger panels sit, bolts to each wheelarch and is strengthened by the centre support.

1000416327_ScreenShot2021-04-04at09_13_02.png.39e39d2ab7245b7ebe6c78d9d132595a.png