Petrol tank again !!!!

Woody2000

just what the heck was it 

does it burn well  . as its looking some sort of bitumen based product 

Ive never come across fuel doing this , how ever old it is 

very strange more like some foreign product has entred via a petrol can half full of  the unkown 

Pete

I used soda crystals and hot water plus 60off 40mm long hex head bolts. with the tank out and suspended from the garage roof, gave it a good shake in all directions. Left over night emptied out including the bolts. These are hardest to get out due to the lip of the fillee and sender holes. Washed out with washing powder and hot water. Then used a pressure washer. Dried out left for a week then coated with Frost Pro15 Tank Sealer.

10 minutes ago, GHILA said:

I used soda crystals and hot water plus 60off 40mm long hex head bolts. with the tank out and suspended from the garage roof, gave it a good shake in all directions. Left over night emptied out including the bolts. These are hardest to get out due to the lip of the fillee and sender holes. Washed out with washing powder and hot water. Then used a pressure washer. Dried out left for a week then coated with Frost Pro15 Tank Sealer.

I would also use the Frost Metalprep as well as this treats any rust . To dry out I used a hot air blower 

Paul